Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
543 Posts
Ride is soft though, that surprised me. It becomes a bit bouncier(maybe is not the right word), when the road is not smooth anymore. Pretty much everything that is bad on the road, will be elevated.
I like it, but may not be for everybody.
So the Megan arm works, no issues with fitment(not touching the car's body, or springs). The only thing that I had to do, is shave off .010" from each spacer(per side) from the Megan arm. The total dimension in width, with both spacers installed in the spherical bearing, is 1.173".

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti sport
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Ride is soft though, that surprised me. It becomes a bit bouncier(maybe is not the right word), when the road is not smooth anymore. Pretty much everything that is bad on the road, will be elevated.
I like it, but may not be for everybody.
So the Megan arm works, no issues with fitment(not touching the car's body, or springs). The only thing that I had to do, is shave off .010" from each spacer(per side) from the Megan arm. The total dimension in width, with both spacers installed in the spherical bearing, is 1.173".
Nice work!

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
543 Posts
Also, some of the nuts(lower control arm 2x) have a 90 degree tab on them, for security reasons. For me, one of them fell off and there is nothing that holds the nut there, just the tightness. Most likely that is the reason, why they say to replace some of these bolts/nuts.
If that tab falls off, nothing is holding it to the nut. The hex corners are scratch up a bit, that is all that is holding those tabs in place.
Now I have to find some nuts to double them up, for safety. Luckily I only have one of these to take care. I believe it is M14x1.5(not sure on the pitch).

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti sport
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Also, some of the nuts(lower control arm 2x) have a 90 degree tab on them, for security reasons. For me, one of them fell off and there is nothing that holds the nut there, just the tightness. Most likely that is the reason, why they say to replace some of these bolts/nuts.
If that tab falls off, nothing is holding it to the nut. The hex corners are scratch up a bit, that is all that is holding those tabs in place.
Now I have to find some nuts to double them up, for safety. Luckily I only have one of these to take care. I believe it is M14x1.5(not sure on the pitch).
Would lock-tite help ensure the nuts remain in place?

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
543 Posts
It would of course, but it would be a lot more work that way. By just getting under the car, and putting a nut and tightening it over the existing one, would be easier and faster.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts