Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2.0 Stelvio and I'm looking into having an aftermarket exhaust by Maddness installed (Lusso version). Has anyone here got this exhaust on theris and have any videos or could you take any so I could better hear the sound? Can't seem to find many on the internet. Thanks!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have the Monza on mine. The Lusso has a resonator so it will not be as loud. Monza is loud on cold start.

Great build quality and very easy fit. The dealer installed mine and told me it fit real easy.

I am not sure what the lusso is like on cold start but I would think with the resonator it will be ok.

Check on you tube for a clip from Madness. They have a few videos comparing the two.

·
Registered
2020 Ti Sport Q4 - Visconti Verde
85 Posts
I just ordered one today. I should get it sometime next week, and I don't image I will delay in installing it. I'd be happy to attempt to provide a sound clip to help you make your decision.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be excellent Benfatto!!

Maddness- I've already seen that video, was hoping for another one or two before I purchase.

I've looked into both the Centerline Stradale and the Monza and they both sound like tractor exhausts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did yesterday! Sound is amazing. I will post clips as soon as I can. I can't imagine having an exhaust that is any louder. Really glad I did not get the Monza. I can't stop redlining every gear before pulling shifter paddle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just got this installed today! HOLY CRAP - this sound was the only thing this amazing car was missing!

@MADNESS Autoworks , I have 2 questions:

1. In the Lusso cat-back system, on my 2020 Stelvio, the turbo whistle is a lot more pronounced during revving. Also, the sound appears to come from the front. That is expected, right? Or did the shop mess something up during the install?

2. Also, how can an exhaust install change the sound that comes in from the front of the vehicle?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the same sound w mine. Keep in mind you have way increased airflow out due to unrestricted exhaust with no muffler and no crushed section. As a result, you've got more air able to come in, so more air going through wastegate at a faster rate causing whistle. Happens at wide open throttle at around 4000+rpm?

·
Vendor
762 Posts
I just got this installed today! HOLY CRAP - this sound was the only thing this amazing car was missing!

@MADNESS Autoworks , I have 2 questions:

1. In the Lusso cat-back system, on my 2020 Stelvio, the turbo whistle is a lot more pronounced during revving. Also, the sound appears to come from the front. That is expected, right? Or did the shop mess something up during the install?

2. Also, how can an exhaust install change the sound that comes in from the front of the vehicle?
Hello thesassyindian,

Thank you for your support! Happy to hear you are enjoying the new sound of your Stelvio.

More pronounced turbo sounds are to be expected when installing a performance exhaust.

As Benfatto stated, the increased air flow does allow for more air and turbo noise.

As the exhaust heat cycles and seasons the volume up front will eventually taper down.

If there is anything else we can do to help please don't hesitate to drop us a line here on the forums or call us directly TX (512)982-9393 CA (562)981-6800

Thank you again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.