Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the MaxPower Pro last night and had a few thoughts.

Two days ago I tried to install it and didn't know how to disconnect the sensor connectors. The Madness video said to "press down" to release it but that did nothing. I thought it was stuck, pressed harder, and broke one of the connectors. I watched a few more videos and realized I'm an idiot for not understanding how they work.

Last night, armed with a set of picks, I was able to disconnect all the sensors and connect everything correctly. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes.

Power seems to be better in the middle of the torque band but it is hard to tell if it is the placebo effect or if it is really happening. I did chirp the tires at around 35 mph while accelerating after a turn, which I thought was surprising and fun.

I wanna compare performance with and without the tune but I don't want to do launches cuz I don't want to kill the car. What do you think I should do: 30mph-70mph? something else?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I looked at the website and saw the specs. 20% increase is what they are claiming so if you do the math, it's approximately 60 (56) horses increase on top of the 280. Would you feel this increase while driving? of course but its not going from 100 to 300 horses. I think you need to launch it to feel the real difference. Just do it once while still under warranty. if something goes wrong detach everything and have it towed.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
Timed 20-120 runs are probably the most legit. Launch is extremely variable with most vehicles that dont have an actual launch mode. 20-80 is also useful, and slightly less jailable.

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
124 Posts
I installed the MaxPower Pro last night and had a few thoughts.

Two days ago I tried to install it and didn't know how to disconnect the sensor connectors. The Madness video said to "press down" to release it but that did nothing. I thought it was stuck, pressed harder, and broke one of the connectors. I watched a few more videos and realized I'm an idiot for not understanding how they work.

Last night, armed with a set of picks, I was able to disconnect all the sensors and connect everything correctly. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes.

Power seems to be better in the middle of the torque band but it is hard to tell if it is the placebo effect or if it is really happening. I did chirp the tires at around 35 mph while accelerating after a turn, which I thought was surprising and fun.

I wanna compare performance with and without the tune but I don't want to do launches cuz I don't want to kill the car. What do you think I should do: 30mph-70mph? something else?
Are you still under warranty? If you are, assume you could potentially be challenged if a driveline component breaks and you try to get it repaired under warranty.

It's my long term understanding that prior ECU flashes or plug and play ECU changes always show up when a scan tool is plugged in. Some dealers will overlook it and some won't. If they see a flash and no corresponding warranty claim, it opens up suspicion that you don't want.

Just wanted to give you a potential pitfall with aftermarket tunes. If you're out of warranty, certainly have at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you still under warranty? If you are, assume you could potentially be challenged if a driveline component breaks and you try to get it repaired under warranty.

It's my long term understanding that prior ECU flashes or plug and play ECU changes always show up when a scan tool is plugged in. Some dealers will overlook it and some won't. If they see a flash and no corresponding warranty claim, it opens up suspicion that you don't want.

Just wanted to give you a potential pitfall with aftermarket tunes. If you're out of warranty, certainly have at it.
I’ve got just over 61k miles on it so I’m out of warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts