Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Cold Air Intake - MAXFlow Carbon Fiber Intake System w/ BMC Twin Air Conical Filter

Our new MADNESS MAXFlow Carbon Fiber Intake System is designed to deliver performance gains, improved sound along with show stopping looks.

For the full product details or to get the MAXFlow intake system for your Alfa Romeo please visit the link below:
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Cold Air Intake - MAXFlow Carbon Fiber Intake System w/ BMC Twin Air Connical Filter - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a question: I have heard that unless you are doing a custom tune, modifying air intake and exhaust would have little effect to overall performance. What would be the purpose of buying something like this if I were going to buy a Max Power Pro? Thanks for your feedback!

-Scott

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Cold Air Intake - MAXFlow Carbon Fiber Intake System w/ BMC Twin Air Conical Filter

Our new MADNESS MAXFlow Carbon Fiber Intake System is designed to deliver performance gains, improved sound along with show stopping looks.

For the full product details or to get the MAXFlow intake system for your Alfa Romeo please visit the link below:
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Cold Air Intake - MAXFlow Carbon Fiber Intake System w/ BMC Twin Air Connical Filter - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories
How much are your gains? Specifically how much with no tune? And how much does it enhance your maxpowerpro?

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a question: I have heard that unless you are doing a custom tune, modifying air intake and exhaust would have little effect to overall performance. What would be the purpose of buying something like this if I were going to buy a Max Power Pro? Thanks for your feedback!

-Scott
Scott,

That is true that without ECU management or tuning the effects of bolt on modifications don't lead to big dyno numbers, but they do lead to faster turbo response and an improved sound aesthetic that many drivers do notice. So while the top HP number may not have a notable change the feel and enjoyment of the vehicle certainly does.

How much are your gains? Specifically how much with no tune? And how much does it enhance your maxpowerpro?
ParagonBuilder,

As far as Hp gains from an intake alone, with no tune, they are small numbers but we at MADNESS focus on adding power where it is used rather than peak dyno numbers at red line RPMs.
The intake alone will provide cooler air and in turn better responsiveness and sound.

When in use with the MAXPower the performance gains are much more noticeable. The cooler cleaner air delivered my the MAXFlow allows for a much more improved turbo response, and more HP and TQ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So anecdotal no numbers, just butt dyno? I got to say, not compelling for me. EC V2 intake reports like 9 hp at a lower cost IIRC

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I’m just trying to figure out where to spend my money . . . full tune or piggyback. Again, thank you!

·
Vendor
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I’m just trying to figure out where to spend my money . . . full tune or piggyback. Again, thank you!
Feel free to send us a PM or contact us directly via phone or email. We will be more than happy to help with any advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts