Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would think considering some hold over from the two recalls, not a bad number for the Stelvio.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The article says....

"Alfa Romeo Brand
Alfa Romeo brand sales of 2,377 vehicles were up significantly compared with the same month a year ago. Giulia led the brand with 1,175 sales, followed by Stelvio at 1,183 sales."

Those numbers add up to only 2,358, so I guess the 2,377 includes some 4C or something...

Also 1,183 is more than 1,175, so how is it that Giulia "leads the brand" if Stelvio sold more?

None of this is terribly important, and the gist of it is that Alfa seems to be selling better, which is good news. But it makes you wonder how accurate the information really is.

Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allpar.com May figures

Our friends at allpar.com woke up with the May numbers and here's a nice summation: https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/06/sales-spike-overshadowed-by-plan-revelations-40893

To add: 152 of our dear Canadian friends acquired Alfas too however it is not broken-out Stelvio/Guilia in the body copy.

Overall an excellent showing by FCA in North America and unfortunately overshadowed by rampant uninformed speculation about branding in the rabid press.

Separately I just finished the latest Motor Trend-- the Elon Musk honeymoon is over and there is now speculation that the main stream brands (specifically Volvo, VW, BMW, etc.) not to mention favorable ratings of GM's Bolt are aiming big guns straight at Tesla.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts