Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't a simple Ipod work?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you tell me your media setting. I tried both USB1 and 2. I recognizes it for about 5 seconds then dumps out. Works fine in my other cars using the Apple connector. Having to use Aux input would be a real bummer.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Se update below. Apple experts chime in. I smell a rat.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Se update below. Apple experts chime in. I smell a rat.
Was there a response that got deleted? The only response in this thread was me from a month ago and my iphone 8 still works fine via any of the USB inputs. I had it connected via USB throughout my whole weekend road trip. It's possible a regular ipod could have outdated software that maybe isn't compatible? That wouldn't surprise me at all with all the shortfalls of the infotainment system.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just picked up our new Stelvio and my wife loves it. (her car) It seems that the output level of the am radio is much lower than the other bands. As example, when switching from AM to XM she gets blasted out of the car due to the difference in output levels. Anyone else notice this issue? Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old Iphone 4 works but not Ipods. They work EVERYWHERE else. I suspect an Apple software issue in the Alfa

·
Registered
56 Posts
My iPhone 7 works fine off the front usb input as well as the one in the center console. Just out of curiosity I loaded some music in different formats on a USB flash drive. I was able to play MP3, FLAC, and even high resolution stuff in 24/96 and higher. I was NOT able to play any DSD files, but I didn't expect that it would.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You would think that in 2018 there would be a real phone "holder" integrated in the car, instead of sacrificing a cup holder or possibly blocking instruments. Just sayin'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts