Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far, I love driving my stelvio.
its totally 2 faces car.
it has normal suv looking(yes i know its much more beautiful than others lol) but its twice faster that those normal suv! haha
i believe most of you guys got a stelvio with lease deal right?
are you guys planning to buy it out after 24months?
or does anyone purchase it?

please share with me ;p

·
Registered
415 Posts
I purchased mine.

I tend to keep a car about 5 years and can not get a tax break to a lease and the finance rate was 1.9% so cheap money to borrow on.

I keep my cars all immaculate and low miles so when it comes time to sell they are always fast to go.

I always think of cars as a expense so the payments are fine. My Stelvio runs me $727 a month so alot of fun there for not a bad price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok.
Right now, alfa romeo gives good lease incentive about $3250 ~ 3750 so I decided to go lease instead purchase.
Plus I got 20% under MSRP deal so I pay $381(include seattle tax).
Im having so much fun with my TI.
I would buy it if my TI came with android auto ;p

·
Registered
415 Posts
Its a driving experience with a bad audio system. But that can be upgraded and brought up to a level I am sure.

It is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned and the only one I have woke up in the middle of the night to take out for a drive. I LOVE driving this machine

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can tell you really love your stelvio.
I just wished it came with upgraded audio system.
but i saw many people saying that only after 2018 built year model with be eligible for upgrade and can use android auto or apply car play.
I checked mine and it was built on 9/2018 and i almost cried lol
I would have checked all of stelvio on my local dealership's inventory if i knew about the built year and upgrade issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
$381 is an awesome deal!

Does that amount include a down payment and TTL? Did you pay the dealer anything when you pickup the car?

oh ok.
Right now, alfa romeo gives good lease incentive about $3250 ~ 3750 so I decided to go lease instead purchase.
Plus I got 20% under MSRP deal so I pay $381(include seattle tax).
Im having so much fun with my TI.
I would buy it if my TI came with android auto ;p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, its 0 drive off. All of fees include 1st monthly payment already rolled into my payment $381.

·
Registered
174 Posts
so far, I love driving my stelvio.
its totally 2 faces car.
it has normal suv looking(yes i know its much more beautiful than others lol) but its twice faster that those normal suv! haha
i believe most of you guys got a stelvio with lease deal right?
are you guys planning to buy it out after 24months?
or does anyone purchase it?

please share with me ;p

Same lease terms here 24/10 - a bit higher then urs- $399.... made sence and was the best deal even In comparison to 36 months. It all depends on one’s credit score...I did have to put $2K down but that included all the fees and 1st month almost 5 months ago which was an amazing deal then.

My Stelvio is my “other child ” and my kid is often mocking me that I love my car more then I love her, lol. Would I buy it out? No...if anything I plan to lease a newer model again. I am usually brand loyal however, after novelty wore off I know now what I would like in my next car and maybe 2020 Stelvio will deliver just that...but who knows? Let’s hope that I don’t run into any serious issues for the remainder of my lease and we shall see.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'll get a new one after 24 months as mine has some intermittent issue with the liftgate that the dealer can't get to the bottom of it. Any info on "facelift" yet?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To me, I would buy it out if the manufacturer aupport the android auto/apple CarPlay on older built stelvio.
But it seems like pretty much they won't.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
We purchased at very favorable terms. Plan is to run it 10 years and (hopefully) trade up to Stella II at that time. I have no qualms- even less 11K miles later- that this is a good plan for us. Nothing beats no payments and walking into the next deal with positive equity. It is one small luxury we can easily afford. It's a bit of a gamble and the joy of ownership might be 'old school' to many, but each phase of life has different objectives and priorities and everyone's situation is unique.

·
Registered
542 Posts
24 month lease. Will not be buying it at the end. Will consider leasing another if they step up their technology game at least a little bit otherwise I'll be looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
36 months lease for me.

I will decide whether to buy it at the end of lease depending on the below factors:

(1) the difference of the offered price on the leasing contract and the market price of the car. If the former is significantly lower than the latter, I will buy it :smile

(2) whether Trump will implement a 35% tax on European cars. If he does, I will keep mine.

24 month lease. Will not be buying it at the end. Will consider leasing another if they step up their technology game at least a little bit otherwise I'll be looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I purchased mine.

I tend to keep a car about 5 years and can not get a tax break to a lease and the finance rate was 1.9% so cheap money to borrow on.

I keep my cars all immaculate and low miles so when it comes time to sell they are always fast to go.

I always think of cars as a expense so the payments are fine. My Stelvio runs me $727 a month so alot of fun there for not a bad price.
Jeez, that's Porche Macan GTS territory

Much better build quality, engine and reliability on the Porsche.

I leased because it's only 420 for the 24/10k (on 53.5k MSRP), avoid major 2 year service cost. Will definitely not be buying out given poor experience w/ customer service, 2 recalls and the underwhelming infotainment system that will likely be much improved at lease end.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You are aware the Macan has a half dozen recalls including two for possible fuel fire hazards and one for brake booster failures?

I’m on a 36/15k and will likely buy out as long as the numbers are right for me. I have the post 12/2017 infotainment and it’s fine. Fast/responsive enough, AA/CP work fine, I’ve tested on the highway and a touch screen would suck because of the reach required. Even the HK upgrade mysteriously started sounding better after about 800 miles, maybe I have Stockholm Syndrome about it?

Reactions: Scalewoodman

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mine is also in Canadian funds. Cars are more expensive up here and the exchange rate from Canada to US and our 5%gst tax and the $1800 delivery fee adds in there.

One dealer in the area, small very spread out population base.

I looked at a Porsche and it had way too many buttons on the dash and other things I never liked

I love the Stelvio and its cost is less than what it would have cost me to replace my Yukon Xl with a new one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I normally change my car almost every year, honestly this time, 2months..after I drove 2018 JLU(wrangler).
But oh man, this time, I'm thinking about to buy it out when the lease ends.
I'm paying $381 include tax so I will pay ($381 ×23) + about $27600(residual valude) so total I would pay $36k for my stelvio. Only concern is I heard many about expensive maintenance cost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I normally change my car almost every year, honestly this time, 2months..after I drove 2018 JLU(wrangler).
But oh man, this time, I'm thinking about to buy it out when the lease ends.
I'm paying $381 include tax so I will pay ($381 ×23) + about $27600(residual valude) so total I would pay $36k for my stelvio. Only concern is I heard many about expensive maintenance cost.
What dealer?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts