Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo Stelvio has Hill Descent Control (HDC) as standard feature but there are at least two misleading reviews that claim that Stelvio has no Hill Descent Control which is false.
The one is from Slashgear which is a fair review if we exclude the false statement about Hill Descent Control.

https://www.slashgear.com/2018-alfa-romeo-stelvio-first-drive-offbeat-italian-suv-comes-to-conquer-26489721/

slashgear.com said:
To that end, while there’s Alfa’s DNA – Dynamic, Natural, and Advanced Efficiency – drive modes on offer with an easily-toggled dial in the center console, there’s no hill-descent mode, and no mud or snow settings. Instead you get an SUV that simply doesn’t drive like an SUV.
Stelvio's Hill Descent Control button is on the steering wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Odd of them to miss hill-descent mode while test driving the Stelvio, especially with a button staring them in the face. At least we know the Stelvio comes with it as standard even is the automotive journalists do not.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's things like these that make me iffy on taking their word for anything else in the article. If missing something that is so blatantly obviously place is occurring, what else are they missing out on?

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
When we considered the Stelvio (vs. XC60) I enjoyed scouring the Internet and observed quite a few reviewers who were idiots trying to seem legitimate making the most illegitimate 'critiques'. No wonder nobody trusts the media these days. Worst of all was a columnist from the WaPo whose introduction compared the vehicle to politics! Absolute garbage. Even CR's blather vid was scraping hard and seemed contrived as expected, given their history of bias to Toyota /Honda. Frankly I appreciate differentiation and am enjoying being a rebel as a consumer, preferring independent judgement using available info. Note: there was nothing nada zero negative about Stelvio problems to be found and the same today. The joy of ownership to me is more than contrived and emotionless design- this vehicle is truly art in motion and a beautifully and elegantly designed machine!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
the people passing themselves off as automotive journalists these days have a degree in journalism, but would probably prefer to be writing for southern living , conde naste traveller, or fluffy kittens weekly.

a far cry from years ago when they were car people first, who coincidentally knew how to write.

the other end is the vlog crowd, usually just bored rich kids looking for something to do and internet fame, also largely useless for insights.

one really has to go through a lot of trash these days to get the bits and pieces that are actually useful - and it's a good thing there are forums like this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts