Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone missed this little piece of news...

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/life...liability-survey-alfa-romeo-make-top-5-honda/

However in all fairness, it doesn't look like either the Giulia or the Stelvio made it anywhere on the list, it looks like they made the ranking purely on the Giulietta, presumably because of the newness of the Giulia and Stelvio and not having long term reliability data yet. Hopefully the Giulietta is setting the standard we can expect to see on long term ownership.

Registered
Mitsubishi more reliable than toyota!? I don't think so. Everyone I have met and all the ones I have owned break down all the time. I have only had 1 bad toyota out of the 10 I have owned and that was a 93 tercel.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mitsubishi more reliable than toyota!? I don't think so. Everyone I have met and all the ones I have owned break down all the time. I have only had 1 bad toyota out of the 10 I have owned and that was a 93 tercel.
I'm going to go out on a limb and just assume that you're going off of old information here.

Considering Mitsubishi as a company makes primarily heavy industry equipment and cargo vehicles / vans, I have no doubt they have the in-house knowledge and ability to design and build something highly reliable that doesn't break down if they set their mind to it. However like Alfa and the Giulietta, the only Mitsubishi showing up on the individual rankings was the #1 ranked Outlander, which according to their website makes up 8 of the 14 model and trim options they sell.

Rank Make and model Score
1 Mitsubishi Outlander (2012-present) 91.2%

Remember the old stock broker disclaimer, past performance is not a guarantee of future results. All automakers ebb and flow on their reliability over the years, some more so than others. What makes any particular brand more valuable than the other is their ability to keep that fluctuation to a minimum while also delivering top grade features, comfort, style and performance.

Registered
somewhat irrelevant for giulia & stelvio, as this is based on the giulietta.

what it is relevant for is quashing the oft repeated "history of unreliability.

Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
Mitsubishi is now under the Nissan thumb I do believe and benefitting from joint assets (although maintaining separate production and engineering).

To point: Fortunately for all of us, the 'new' Alfa quality seems to be very good, especially for a clean sheet design.

Registered
I should have added "not from my personal experience". Every mitsubishi vehicle (new and used) I have ever owned was terrible.

Registered
somewhat irrelevant for giulia & stelvio, as this is based on the giulietta.

what it is relevant for is quashing the oft repeated "history of unreliability.
Very true, although not specific to Giulia and Stelvio, it鈥檚 still a great indicator that the company is on the right track. We have had very few problems considering how new the cars actually are.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very true, although not specific to Giulia and Stelvio, it鈥檚 still a great indicator that the company is on the right track. We have had very few problems considering how new the cars actually are.
Yup, that's why I posted it, not because it mentioned the new flagships, but because the previous generation before them ranked so well, and hopefully it means good things overall for the brand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts