Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how many of you here remember the old 124 spiders but typically during summer I spot about a handful of them. Always liked those 124's but they were too old for me to consider owning.

Now with AR back and me in need of a new vehicle, the Stelvio might be what i'm looking for.

Here to learn and compare it to others in the segment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I never actually seen an old 124 in real life but I have seen many pictures and I love them. Have you taken a look at the new ones?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The stelvio won't have a nice drop top like the old 124 spiders, but it'll definitely be fun to drive if Alfa Romeo's new models are any indication.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stelvio won't have a nice drop top like the old 124 spiders, but it'll definitely be fun to drive if Alfa Romeo's new models are any indication.
All Alfa needs to do is create something that can take on Porsche, so far they're the only car maker that can do it or at the very least come very close. Every other car maker doesn't have the same appeal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
And Alfa Romeo is doing a very good job of that with the Stelvio and Giulia, both a rival of the Porsche Panamera and Macan. Then there's the Spider and 4C Coupe to cover the other bases. Maybe a future larger SUV to compete against the Cayenne, but that doesn't seem very likely.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All Alfa needs to do is create something that can take on Porsche, so far they're the only car maker that can do it or at the very least come very close. Every other car maker doesn't have the same appeal.
probably one of the things i will be looking forward to is a stelvio that gets as high performance as some GT3 cars but in a way that's doable for an SUV, if they can do that then you will find a lot of people won't care for the sort of luxury that Porsche and Mercedes can offer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So you're looking forward to the stelvio QV? That's Alfa Romeo's high performance badge unless you're looking for more than what the QV can provide?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you're looking forward to the stelvio QV? That's Alfa Romeo's high performance badge unless you're looking for more than what the QV can provide?
A model even higher than that would be great, it could even be something as simple as an AMG Edition 1 equivalent and that alone would keep me happy. Being an italian car maker they can probably pull off the design part alone better.. we already know what to expect of performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts