Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Does anyone know if I can put “scorpion zero AS plus” in following sizes on stelvio quas

I am planning on putting:
265 45 20
295 40 20

I just want to know if anyone experienced any rubbing or transmission Issues?

Also, do I need to put any spacer or something to fit 265 45 20 up front or they can fit as is?

would really appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi All,
Does anyone know if I can put “scorpion zero AS plus” in following sizes on stelvio quas

I am planning on putting:
265 45 20
295 40 20

I just want to know if anyone experienced any rubbing or transmission Issues?

Also, do I need to put any spacer or something to fit 265 45 20 up front or they can fit as is?

would really appreciate the feedback.
Do you like them?......its interesting how a tire changes how a car drives.
The stock Pirelli's were hard but in RACE mode the steering had like a.........surgical precision???......it drove like a 911...but since I am not racing the car....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yup....I agree with you.
I just installed them yesterday...the steering still sharp but the car is like more quiet/comfortable.
And they look better than the stock tires, like beefier.
I wonder why Alfa won't provide them as an option for whoever needs AS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried Michelins I guess Pirelli are better.

alfa use summer tires because a/s tires may have the correct load range and quite but for the top speed that stelvio has they need summer tires for Better handling and braking the nurb’ record 😂😂 haha

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I ordered my QV there was an option for AS Scorpions in the correct factory size (i.e. 285/40 and 255/45) so I ordered them with the car and they were excellent. This was available on the Alfa website for what seemed like the blink of an eye then they were gone and I've never seen the option again. I have never been able to find these tires here in the US in the same factory size, the only option is 265 and 295.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Have you used any other A/S tires? I'm wondering how these compare to the Conti DWS06+
I once installed Nitto 420S, those were the only AS available in 255/285 2 years ago . I did not want to go up a size buy it makes sense….but after maybe a year I went back to the stock Pirellis.

Wet traction was not very good with the Nittos.

This one is a wider tire, more surface between the car and the road. Probably it will not compensate completely for the different summer tire compound but it should do something for traction, grabbing the road.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I compared the speedometer with what Waze shows side by side and if the speedometer was 50, the Waze GPS was 49…50….49
I though the speedometer would show a slower speed since the tire diameter is wider, but it was the other way.

·
Registered
272 Posts
By the way….should I get an alignement???…..

the old OEM Pirellis were worn evenly so I did not take their offer to do an alignement.

but since these tires are wider…..Should I get an alignement done?…..I have never been very good at all those camber stuff misteries.

Maybe its subjective or I was tired but tonight driving fast in a narrow lane in the causeway it seemed to me that the car like “tried” a little bit to go either way of the center instead of keeping a straight line.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
399 Posts
I don't think alignment would make a difference, you only added 1cm to the overall width. That is about 3/8" in total...just a little bit more (13/32" to be exact). Additionally, it is balanced between the two sides of the wheel.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't think alignment would make a difference, you only added 1cm to the overall width. That is about 3/8" in total...just a little bit more (13/32" to be exact). Additionally, it is balanced between the two sides of the wheel.
Hey Pocholin, I just did today the alignement and thanks God it helped big time. Now the car feels almost like before when I drive it at high speed,…👍👍😊

I never did an alignement with the poor Nittos,…maybe thats the only thing they needed?

Google it or check this site:

In my case it worked, thst lost feeling in the steering wheel is gone!!….and it was free so it dif not hurt to try it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Just be careful with them below 45 degrees!!!!!!! On a wet road, you might as well be on ice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have spent weeks looking at this and I just called Alfa Care, no help there. What I have found is that the rear 285/35 size is the real problem here. Yes, there are alternate sizes but we have to keep the wheel circumference the same as in the OE product or we could void our warranty. The issue is the 4 wheel drive system. I have been working with Tire Rack, and there is no solution there. Toyo has come closest but for the rear they have 295/35-21s which would be a different circumference. The other issue is if we go too narrow, there can be concerns about the amount of weight they could carry because of less air in the tire. Tire Rack told me it is not PSI, but volume that matters in this case.

The Scorpion does seem like a choice, but only for 20" rims.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Font

1 - 20 of 38 Posts