Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Not bad at all- about 28+ here and up to 31 on a trip. Better than promised.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Those are pretty good numbers. My weekend trip I only got about 23 mpg which I thought would be better but to be fair I was cruising at 85+ mph so I'm sure that affected it. My average in the city is only about 12 mpg but it's the worst stop and go traffic you can think of.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
at 75-80 steady state 28-30 mpg is easily obtained on cruise. Been there, done that a few times now. My computer reads 23.6 average and its surprisingly always within 1 mpg at fillups! You can call me Scott Dixon if you like.

Reactions: claffeeba

·
Registered
478 Posts
I’m hanging around 18.5 city with some spirited driving. But I’m also mid break in at 460 or so miles.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just got back from a trip and got 30.4 going on cruse at mostly 70 mph. Got 28.0 on the way back fighting a head wind and heavy rain. My manual numbers were within 1 mpg at fill ups from the infotainment numbers, pretty close numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
sweetness: I follow traffic 60-70 and do the VisconteVerde method - smooth acceleration anticipate deceleration in long distance travel. 31 mpg today arriving home - PA Turnpike/Schuylkill Expressway/Roosevelt Ave. Stop-and-go, mixed driving overall. Goal is 200K over 10 years and I intend to enjoy every mile!

·
Registered
508 Posts
sweetness: I follow traffic 60-70 and do the VisconteVerde method - smooth acceleration anticipate deceleration in long distance travel. 31 mpg today arriving home - PA Turnpike/Schuylkill Expressway/Roosevelt Ave. Stop-and-go, mixed driving overall. Goal is 200K over 10 years and I intend to enjoy every mile!

Sooooo you don't drive the car the way it was meant to be?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Even in full "D" psycho mode and paddles, I have never had less than 22.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Even in full "D" psycho mode and paddles, I have never had less than 22.
I got about 19 one day, but to be fair it was for about 165 miles of hilly, twisting, winding roads, with speeds around 35mph to more than I should have and all in “D” mode and manual shift a good part of the time.

·
Registered
348 Posts
To clarify my 22 mpg comment...that would be average over typical two week period; freeway, streets, racing Macans etc :). I have seen 28+ in grandma mode on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Sooooo you don't drive the car the way it was meant to be?
Selectively. She purrs... and occasionally roars! Stella fills multiple roles in my life.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You know its pretty easy to blow by someone at 80 when you don't ever lift... Accelerator is for changing speed but if you are already doing +20-30 over limit.....The guy in the GT3 that kept braking before corners certainly doesn't think I drive mellow! I'm sure his rear view showed every detail of the ALFA SYMBOL!!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts