Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Stelvio Quadrifoglio MY20 Vesuvio Grey
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone. So I collected my new Stelvio Quad in Vesuvio Grey today, my first Alfa. Just getting my head around the experience of driving a SUV with over 500bhp, but loving it. I had an RS3 before and the driving experiences (unsurprisingly) are very different. One thing that has taken the shine off a tiny bit is that it is making a mega irritating tick/ clicking sound that seems to come from the centre console, it’s one of those classic once you focus on it you can’t focus on anything else things. Anyone else experience this, or know what it may be?

It sounds a bit like a micro switch noise and seems to relate to movement in the car but doesn’t seem to follow a pattern, ie at gear changes or acceleration/ deceleration.

Anyway, other than this I am super pleased, I love it, it’s so damn good looking, fast and effortlessly cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome! My 1st Alfa quad too...just broke 400 miles. Sorry about the tick from center console...not sure what that could be? Maybe take video? Pics please
welcome! My 1st Alfa quad too...just broke 400 miles. Sorry about the tick from center console...not sure what that could be? Maybe take video? Pics please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, god knows why its
Come up upside down, the photo was the right way up! Me and tech are not best of friends!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
She grips the road very nicely hehe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Discovered the weird clicking, it’s the carbon fibre centre console moving and rubbing but only after I have been driving for a while and the cabin has warmed up. f knows how I might sort it but relieved it’s nothing mechanical.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Snap...

New UK MY20 Quad which replaced my prior 2017 2.0T 280PS Milano Edizione in Misano Blue. Spec is Vesuvio Grey, dark 20" wheels, yellow calipers, Black leather with red stiching, HK sound, Pano roof, Handsfree tailgate, Quadrifoglio steering wheel, Driver Assistance Pack +. Has also been machine polished, PPF'd on the front bumper and ceramic coated everywhere else.

I took delivery (it was from stock, not factory order) in early October. I'm now 650 miles in and absolutely loving it. It's absolutely my daily driver and apart from the MPG really as comfortable and easy to drive as the lesser petrol was. However, the noise, performance and sheer ability when you press on is both irresistable and addictive.

@Al-fa I also have a similar sounding noise coming from the centre console which seems to be trim related as you say. I can dampen it by pressing my knee against the console. It seems to be getting better with mileage so I'm just leaving it be to see what happens. I don't really want to get bits of trim taken out etc (or tonnes of silicon spray applied)

One thing I noticed is that the Alfa Connect box prompted to apply an Over-the-air update yesterday (and said it was successful this morning) - the website implies that the connected features would start coming online in the UK in November so interesting to see if I get any email about it soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snap...

View attachment 20408

New UK MY20 Quad which replaced my prior 2017 2.0T 280PS Milano Edizione in Misano Blue. Spec is Vesuvio Grey, dark 20" wheels, yellow calipers, Black leather with red stiching, HK sound, Pano roof, Handsfree tailgate, Quadrifoglio steering wheel, Driver Assistance Pack +. Has also been machine polished, PPF'd on the front bumper and ceramic coated everywhere else.

I took delivery (it was from stock, not factory order) in early October. I'm now 650 miles in and absolutely loving it. It's absolutely my daily driver and apart from the MPG really as comfortable and easy to drive as the lesser petrol was. However, the noise, performance and sheer ability when you press on is both irresistable and addictive.

@Al-fa I also have a similar sounding noise coming from the centre console which seems to be trim related as you say. I can dampen it by pressing my knee against the console. It seems to be getting better with mileage so I'm just leaving it be to see what happens. I don't really want to get bits of trim taken out etc (or tonnes of silicon spray applied)

One thing I noticed is that the Alfa Connect box prompted to apply an Over-the-air update yesterday (and said it was successful this morning) - the website implies that the connected features would start coming online in the UK in November so interesting to see if I get any email about it soon.
Wow - that finish! I need to do that, it looks amazing, so shiny! Yeah I was thinking it may subside (wear the sticking points down) over time so will employ the same plan. Glad you mentioned the Alfa Connect point, as I was wondering where all the nice functionality was, currently it just has location (which currently is unable to find the location!), lock and lights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts