Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Quad
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I never did a proper introduction but figured this is a good time. I bought my Alfa used earlier this year as I found a deal where i could not say no. She is a 2018 and has the driver assistance package, no sparcos or CC brakes (both of which I was hoping to find) and black calipers (what I didn't want). She had 9K of miles on her, 1 owner and nothing on the carfax. I bought from Shift (Like carmax) and these dealers are no haggle but at $56K, it was by far the cheapest one at the time and the lowest mileage and the fact that they gave me $20K+ for my 2017 Audi A4 P+ Quattro with over 50K of miles (daily driver), was a no brainer.

I made the decision to go back to a company car when i found out that my 2006 Lotus Exige needed a new motor. I have only put on 10K of miles since I bought it in 2013. Luckily these cars have appreciated in value and I made $10K on it when I sold it with the bad motor. The car went to Canada, btw! I was mostly shopping 911s (991.1 and 991.2) but when the 992 came out, and you can't even buy one (or lease in my case), I started looking at HP SUVs.

The Stelvio quad fit my situation perfetly. I've already added lowering springs from H&R, black tail lights, CF front V grill cover, deleted the resonator and did a custom x pipe (sounds awesome now), cf rear spoilerm Ebay mud flaps, added an amp to the rear sub and now 21" BC forged wheels.

The wheels were kind of a let down as BC didn't want to do 11" wide rear wheels and I think I was right on the edge of being able to get the next level of concave for the face. The front wheels are super shallow for the brakes but I have about 1/2" of clearance on the rear. BC would not guarantee the rears would fit at 11". So they are kind of shallow. But they look so much better in person. I give them a 7 out of 10...

Future plans are: I'm currently waiting in line to get my calipers painted (Yellow and who would pay to get black calipers?) and am looking at doing a JB4 (I have one on my company escape and I almost bought one for my audi) and would love to get a real exhaust soon. Let me know what you think..

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
313 Posts
Looks awesome! I ran BC Forged wheels on my old QV and loved them… recently ordered a new set in 22x11 ET21 & 21x10 ET17 so I’m not sure why they wouldn’t let you go bigger (I always talk to Jonathan DeHate)?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

I’d personally recommend staying away from the JB4 and just doing a real flash from the big 3 tuners (IdealRace, Squadra, EC). You’ll deal with less headache on clearing random CELs from the JB4

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Quad
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks awesome! I ran BC Forged wheels on my old QV and loved them… recently ordered a new set in 22x11 ET21 & 21x10 ET17 so I’m not sure why they wouldn’t let you go bigger (I always talk to Jonathan DeHate)?

I’d personally recommend staying away from the JB4 and just doing a real flash from the big 3 tuners (IdealRace, Squadra, EC). You’ll deal with less headache on clearing random CELs from the JB4
Thanks.. I ordered the wheels thru ModBargains as they are near me and I've ordered wheels thru them before. I ordered 21x11 rear and god knows why they kicked it back but I figured I'm not going to risk them not fitting over 1/2". I see no reason why they wouldn't fit and for sure you can go even lower on the offset. Heres the specs that BC gave 21x9.5 ET26 21x10.5 ET27 Let me know what they set you up with.

I have a JB4 on my Ford Escape and so far its been flawless. Its even running on the Ghibli tune. But I don't want to mess with my warranty. But I agree, when the warranty on my Audi Expired I went from a NS PM (like jb4) to IE stage 1 and they 2 tune and it was a huge difference from the piggy back. But the NS PM def added a few hp and my dealer never even knew it was there.

Stelvio Ti Sport AWD:

Here's the link for the mud flaps i used. Front fit perfectly and took 5 mins. Rears do not fit as I have a quad. But I made them fit and it wasn't easy and you can kind of tell. They curve in a bit at the rear but the rear stays so much cleaner now.

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
313 Posts
@hipendicular your post was good luck! I just got an email today that my wheels are ready & on the way to me. I’m shocked tbh as I thought it would have been at least 8-10 weeks with the pandemic backlog in pretty much all industries. I placed the order on 08/26 and they should be at my door 09/20 🤯

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
224 Posts
Thanks.. I ordered the wheels thru ModBargains as they are near me and I've ordered wheels thru them before. I ordered 21x11 rear and god knows why they kicked it back but I figured I'm not going to risk them not fitting over 1/2". I see no reason why they wouldn't fit and for sure you can go even lower on the offset. Heres the specs that BC gave 21x9.5 ET26 21x10.5 ET27 Let me know what they set you up with.

I have a JB4 on my Ford Escape and so far its been flawless. Its even running on the Ghibli tune. But I don't want to mess with my warranty. But I agree, when the warranty on my Audi Expired I went from a NS PM (like jb4) to IE stage 1 and they 2 tune and it was a huge difference from the piggy back. But the NS PM def added a few hp and my dealer never even knew it was there.

Stelvio Ti Sport AWD:

Here's the link for the mud flaps i used. Front fit perfectly and took 5 mins. Rears do not fit as I have a quad. But I made them fit and it wasn't easy and you can kind of tell. They curve in a bit at the rear but the rear stays so much cleaner now.
No link?

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Quad
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
@hipendicular your post was good luck! I just got an email today that my wheels are ready & on the way to me. I’m shocked tbh as I thought it would have been at least 8-10 weeks with the pandemic backlog in pretty much all industries. I placed the order on 08/26 and they should be at my door 09/20 🤯

View attachment 23306

Very nice.. I was going back and forth between the HCO52s and the HCS21s. What did BC say your wheel specs are? I was warned when I ordered the wheels, that it could take longer than the usual 5-7 weeks. I got my picture almost exactly at 5 weeks and had them at 6.

Don't forget to get TMPS sensors and what ever ones that Modbargains gave me worked with even needing to push a button. Don't forget to post up pics!

Opps, sorry.. Here's the link to the mudflaps.. LOL

P.s. Here's the beauty shot BC sent me.. The one thing I don't like about the HCS21 is look how bulky the hub area of the wheels look and cause of the brakes of the Quad, it got even thicker.. Had I known I might have beat you to the HCO52s.. LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
313 Posts
Very nice.. I was going back and forth between the HCO52s and the HCS21s. What did BC say your wheel specs are? I was warned when I ordered the wheels, that it could take longer than the usual 5-7 weeks. I got my picture almost exactly at 5 weeks and had them at 6.

Don't forget to get TMPS sensors and what ever ones that Modbargains gave me worked with even needing to push a button. Don't forget to post up pics!

Opps, sorry.. Here's the link to the mudflaps.. LOL

P.s. Here's the beauty shot BC sent me.. The one thing I don't like about the HCS21 is look how bulky the hub area of the wheels look and cause of the brakes of the Quad, it got even thicker.. Had I known I might have beat you to the HCO52s.. LOL
We have good taste lol I had ran the HCA381’s on the last car, but regretted not going up from the 20”.
I really like the concave look so I went for the MLE52 with the stepped lip and registered shift wheel face… specs are 21x10 +17ET & 22x11 +21ET.

Thanks for reminding me of the TPMS! I had just ordered tires and didn’t think to order those. I’ll be sure to post pics once I get em on the QV

·
Registered
37 Posts
I guess I never did a proper introduction but figured this is a good time. I bought my Alfa used earlier this year as I found a deal where i could not say no. She is a 2018 and has the driver assistance package, no sparcos or CC brakes (both of which I was hoping to find) and black calipers (what I didn't want). She had 9K of miles on her, 1 owner and nothing on the carfax. I bought from Shift (Like carmax) and these dealers are no haggle but at $56K, it was by far the cheapest one at the time and the lowest mileage and the fact that they gave me $20K+ for my 2017 Audi A4 P+ Quattro with over 50K of miles (daily driver), was a no brainer.

I made the decision to go back to a company car when i found out that my 2006 Lotus Exige needed a new motor. I have only put on 10K of miles since I bought it in 2013. Luckily these cars have appreciated in value and I made $10K on it when I sold it with the bad motor. The car went to Canada, btw! I was mostly shopping 911s (991.1 and 991.2) but when the 992 came out, and you can't even buy one (or lease in my case), I started looking at HP SUVs.

The Stelvio quad fit my situation perfetly. I've already added lowering springs from H&R, black tail lights, CF front V grill cover, deleted the resonator and did a custom x pipe (sounds awesome now), cf rear spoilerm Ebay mud flaps, added an amp to the rear sub and now 21" BC forged wheels.

The wheels were kind of a let down as BC didn't want to do 11" wide rear wheels and I think I was right on the edge of being able to get the next level of concave for the face. The front wheels are super shallow for the brakes but I have about 1/2" of clearance on the rear. BC would not guarantee the rears would fit at 11". So they are kind of shallow. But they look so much better in person. I give them a 7 out of 10...

Future plans are: I'm currently waiting in line to get my calipers painted (Yellow and who would pay to get black calipers?) and am looking at doing a JB4 (I have one on my company escape and I almost bought one for my audi) and would love to get a real exhaust soon. Let me know what you think..

View attachment 23288 View attachment 23289 View attachment 23290
Car looks great where did you get those mud flaps front and rear for you stelvio?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts