Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Nav have live traffic update at all? If so, does it require Sirius XM subscription to get the data feed? Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It does in Europe (mine had a reliable overview of the congestions in western Denmark Friday, at least).

·
Registered
763 Posts
When I called SIRUSXM just a couple of days ago and gave them my radio serial ID, they told me it was not capable. I would give them a call and see if your setup has that capability.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I got to wondering and called SIRIUSXM again this morning and they checked my radio ID and now they state that feature could be activated. If you decide to call and purchase the feature, I would keep them on the line until you actually see it functioning. The reason I say that as when I asked them why I did not see the feature listed, but grayed out, they stated it would not be visible until after purchase. Since TomTom does the navigation and would show an active route, makes me wonder if that is correct.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the car come with 1 year free trial of Xirius? I have no interest in the radio programming. I just need the date feed for the live traffic.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Does the car come with 1 year free trial of Xirius? I have no interest in the radio programming. I just need the date feed for the live traffic.
Mine did and when I call SiriusXM they confirmed 1 year free trial.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So what is the answer???

The dealer tells me no Traffic available, just Music. I asked how that could be if you get the Sirius signal and Sirius offers Traffic, why can't you get Traffic (even if it's not included with the 1 year trial and you have to pay for it)? No answer from the salesman to my "how could that be"?

Called Sirius and got the same radio "not capable" explanation.

Awaiting input from AR Care.

Unlike above info, I can use Google maps on my iPhone and plug in to the USB in the dash (in front of the shifter) and Apple CarPlay then is active and the Google map with traffic gets displayed on the NAV screen. But I still don't get why I need to take the extra step of using my phone as the Traffic reporter when it should be able to just come through Sirius.

And I don't get why there are only 7 presets for ALL bands??? My Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland allowed something like 5 or 6 presets for each band (ie: Sirius, FM and AM).

·
Registered
617 Posts
There were a number of threads on this on the giulia forum. As infotainment for giulia/stelvio is same, this would also apply to stelvio. Outcome was that there is NO trafic info available for NAFTA countries. In Europe it works, but the TomTom system in giulia/stelvio only uses data from radio, RDS/TMC.

·
Registered
617 Posts
And I don't get why there are only 7 presets for ALL bands??? My Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland allowed something like 5 or 6 presets for each band (ie: Sirius, FM and AM).
Actually, you can get as many presets as you want. If you select the "star" preset, after No 7, you will get a list of presets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts