Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wonder what Alfa Romeo’s policy’s on Navi updates are. I know there are Stelvio that have later updates than I have. I ask the dealer and they say they look and my Stelvio does not have any listed.

Does Alfa allow just one update every 6 months, once a year, never???? Has anyone ever been told what it might be? It would be nice if Alfa Care would get the answer and let everyone know. This is my first Alfa and with everything Alfa will not pass along, it very well may be my last.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Usually no map updates are free, they are up to the customer to do and pay for if needed, this is for FCA vehicles, I’m not sure about Alfa, but I would bet it’s the same. The only time they may have done an update for free is if there was a radio update and the map needed an update as well.
My theory on it is that if it’s working fine, leave it alone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For the EU, the map updates (mapping date not car software) are scheduled to be updated every 3 months and are end user downloadable for free. I have published the link elsewhere on this forum for those in the EU. Outside of the EU, I have no information. As a UK owner, this is much better than the BMW approach of charging for updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
... usually get bad deal in the UK, but we get 3yrs updates free! Check out map update thread on alfaowner forum... Need to register on Mopar site ?
I just wonder what Alfa Romeo’s policy’s on Navi updates are. I know there are Stelvio that have later updates than I have. I ask the dealer and they say they look and my Stelvio does not have any listed.

Does Alfa allow just one update every 6 months, once a year, never???? Has anyone ever been told what it might be? It would be nice if Alfa Care would get the answer and let everyone know. This is my first Alfa and with everything Alfa will not pass along, it very well may be my last.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All, thanks for the replies. I guessed there may be a charge for any map updates, my Stelvio has a build date of July 17 so it stands to reason there would be at least 1 update out there I would think. Unfortunately for us here in the US, the Mopar site does not list the USA to even check for updates. For me, I have never experienced this type of non-support from a auto manufacture before.

·
Registered
381 Posts
No US nav updates available

All, thanks for the replies. I guessed there may be a charge for any map updates, my Stelvio has a build date of July 17 so it stands to reason there would be at least 1 update out there I would think. Unfortunately for us here in the US, the Mopar site does not list the USA to even check for updates. For me, I have never experienced this type of non-support from a auto manufacture before.
hey, I inquired a few days ago with my local, handy dandy dealer and the Master Tech said he double checked with FCA....there are no navigation updates on US Stelvio's to date.

fyi - the nav is VERY accurate, though it's a bit clumsy to use :>)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey, I inquired a few days ago with my local, handy dandy dealer and the Master Tech said he double checked with FCA....there are no navigation updates on US Stelvio's to date.

fyi - the nav is VERY accurate, though it's a bit clumsy to use :>)
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts