Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my car night before last and navigation was black and unavailable, like it was a non-option. The next morning it came on like normal. I took a couple of pictures and will be near the dealer Monday to show them. Anyone else had the nav go out temporarily?

First mini road trip yesterday/today and am now at 900 miles. 24 mpg mostly highway driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have had this problem. It has only gone completely black once. I have also had the nav system get lost, it was showing me driving thru a lake, not on the road, I figured it was about 5mi. out of whack. The nav system has also froze up on a couple of occasions. The dealer has checked it out, there were no codes stored so we do not know what is causing the problem. i have also spoken to Alfa about this, no answer on their end, we will just monitor it for awhile. Curios to hear what your dealer says on Mon. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I also have had this problem. It has only gone completely black once. I have also had the nav system get lost, it was showing me driving thru a lake, not on the road, I figured it was about 5mi. out of whack. The nav system has also froze up on a couple of occasions. The dealer has checked it out, there were no codes stored so we do not know what is causing the problem. i have also spoken to Alfa about this, no answer on their end, we will just monitor it for awhile. Curios to hear what your dealer says on Mon. Good luck!
Happened last night- radio, everything went black. Turns out the wife laid her iPad on the radio adjustment knob on the center console (turning it 'off'). I can see how it would be easy to do. After a little behavior modification I am hoping the issue is resolved.

·
Registered
378 Posts
956 miles on my Stelvio.

Nav works fine. LOVE the 3D imaging with city driving. And, it's very, very, accurate vs the Land Rover Evoque I had.
The whole car been faultless except the driver's shoulder seatbelt harness which doesn't retract properly at times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
956 miles on my Stelvio.

Nav works fine. LOVE the 3D imaging with city driving. And, it's very, very, accurate vs the Land Rover Evoque I had.
The whole car been faultless except the driver's shoulder seatbelt harness which doesn't retract properly at times.
I think I'm having a problem with the 3D setting. I can have it set on top view or 3D with display and they both look the same. Am I doing something incorrect.

·
Registered
378 Posts
3D setting for nav

I think I'm having a problem with the 3D setting. I can have it set on top view or 3D with display and they both look the same. Am I doing something incorrect.
Gosh, I have no idea.

All I know is that it appears to turn on when I'm in a real downtown city environment - like downtown San Diego with the hi-rise buildings. I don't recall seeing the 3D navigation scene otherwise. I'll report back when I try it again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
956 miles on my Stelvio.

Glad to hear that because i'm so used to Google's system and the more any car maker can pull from that the better off they are. Otherwise you can already guess where people will be going ;)

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Was tinkering last night... if you touch the sound button on the console (smaller one) it mutes. If you HOLD it the whole thing shuts off and the screen goes black. So it seems to me if anyone would accidentally lay something on top of that button it would cause the display to blank effectively shutting it 'off'. There is a setting also in the menu that blackens the screen- we had a Saab 9-3 once that had a button to blacken the screen evidently to some people it's a distraction. Touch the button to turn it back 'on'. Could this be the ghost of blackened screens?

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Was tinkering last night... if you touch the sound button on the console (smaller one) it mutes. If you HOLD it the whole thing shuts off and the screen goes black. So it seems to me if anyone would accidentally lay something on top of that button it would cause the display to blank effectively shutting it 'off'. There is a setting also in the menu that blackens the screen- we had a Saab 9-3 once that had a button to blacken the screen evidently to some people it's a distraction. Touch the button to turn it back 'on'. Could this be the ghost of blackened screens?
Had the same blank screen button on my Evoque, and I too stumbled each method mentioned here, first time it happened it concerned me a lot, then realized I just had to press the power/volume once and it's been fine since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts