Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Was a lurker reading about Stelvio's and Alfa Romeo in general on this forum.
So thank you for all the information and advice everyone has posted.
Picked up a 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Rossa Red last week, seems there's a few people picking up the Alfa Romeo's off of the lease.

Bit of a story
I've been a Mazda owner of the Speed 3 and a Mazda 6 recently, solid cars but wanted a bit of fun and something unique.
Had looked at both the Guilia and Stelvio, and was told they would be garage queens.
Researched some more here, didn't find that true.
Brother rented a Guilia for the weekend, was amazed by the handling and power of it, said if you have the means get one.
I really wanted to get a nimble Guilia, but went for the more practical side because of Winters here at times.

Mazda Speed 3 was great car at it's time but it's got nothing on the Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
Weird part I just showed up at the dealer did not test drive it, just signed the paperwork and enjoyed the drive home.
Just have never driven something that feels so confident on the handling, going into that corner that says 35mph, Stelvio takes it at 55 no problems.

I live in a city where you mainly see Trucks, Subarus, BMW's, Audi's
Seen a few Alfa Romeos around but very rare, got glares all the time this last week.
Proud to be a Alfa Romeo owner now, big smile driving it on the rural twisties sometimes have to tone it down.

May ask you at times what more I can do with the Stelvio

·
Registered
2019 TI SPORT ROSSO, NERO,HK,SUNROOF
77 Posts
Hey everyone,
Picked up a 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Rossa Red last week, seems there's a few people picking up the Alfa Romeo's off of the lease.

Bit of a story
I've been a Mazda owner of the Speed 3 and a Mazda 6 recently, solid cars but wanted a bit of fun and something unique.
Had looked at both the Guilia and Stelvio, and was told they would be garage queens.
Brother rented a Guilia for the weekend, was amazed by the handling and power of it, said if you have the means get one.
I really wanted to get a nimble Guilia, but went for the more practical side because of Winters here at times.

Mazda Speed 3 was great car at it's time but it's got nothing on the Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
Weird part I just showed up at the dealer did not test drive it, just signed the paperwork and enjoyed the drive home.
Just have never driven something that feels so confident on the handling, going into that corner that says 35mph, Stelvio takes it at 55 no problems.

Seen a few Alfa Romeos around but very rare, got glares all the time this last week.
Proud to be a Alfa Romeo owner now, big smile driving it on the rural twisties sometimes have to tone it down.

The great thing is that you won't get sick of it. The honeymoon never ends.

·
459 Posts
Welcome to the world of Stelvios and to the forum.

Like many of us, you will start looking for longer and more interesting routes rather than just the quickest trip from point A to point B.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the world of Stelvios and to the forum.

Like many of us, you will start looking for longer and more interesting routes rather than just the quickest trip from point A to point B.
Thanks Tom, Agreed

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the group and just purchased a 2018 TI sport w 28k miles on it, alpha white w red interior. Traded a 2011 Audi Q5 w 135k miles that had oil loss engine rebuild at 50k miles then timing chain stretch at 90k and a second engine rebuild. Traded cause it was losing oil again. I know this alpha inside and out and was ready to pull trigger on a 2019 brown lusso w 9500 miles and 2 yrs left on warrantee for $38k from vroom. Saw mine for sale at a local dealership. Decided to test drive to see if I liked the TI sport. Liked it so much that i forgot about no apple car play in early 18s. however, dealer gave me mopar bumper to bumper warrantee 3/36, oem mudflaps, repaired a small dent and installed new windshield, all in for 37k. I love this car. Just incredible. Infotainment in older 18s is just fine for me compared to my old Audi. Don’t really miss car play cause I never had it and phone mount on center console does the trick. Only complaint is no easy entry exit shut off. But when behind the wheel and driving, amy complaints disappear. Overall, I paid about 20-25% more than prices from last year, but had no choice. Can’t imagine anyone not loving this car. Always take the long way home. Already thinking about a quad in a few years. Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone,

Bit of a story

Omg this is EXACTLY HOW I THOUGJT ITD BE- 35mph takes it at 55!!! Music to my ears! I’m sold. Now I just have to find one under $28,000- a 2018!! I’m in Pittsburgh. Any offerings??🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

·
Registered
2 Posts
Omg this is EXACTLY HOW I THOUGJT ITD BE- 35mph takes it at 55!!! Music to my ears! I’m sold. Now I just have to find one under $28,000- a 2018!! I’m in Pittsburgh. Any offerings??🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
another one hooked! You will love it. For 28800 you should have no problemsfinding one with 50k miles or so. Suggest an extended warrantee for sure. My 2018 has some gremlins like a freezing heater core that blows hot air when ac is on lo, but has 8 moths of factory warrantee and dealer also gave me 3/36 extended. Mine is an early 2018 so does not have apple car play. Be sure to find an 18 that does. It will have 2 USB ports in console and a 7c vin. Try vroom or carvana. They keepa pretty good inventory. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did quite a bit of searching around Autotrader and was able to find mine at a dealership 100 miles away.
Mine is an early 2018 with 20,000 miles picked it up for 32,000 with all the Ti Sport options installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
another one hooked! You will love it. For 28800 you should have no problemsfinding one with 50k miles or so. Suggest an extended warrantee for sure. My 2018 has some gremlins like a freezing heater core that blows hot air when ac is on lo, but has 8 moths of factory warrantee and dealer also gave me 3/36 extended. Mine is an early 2018 so does not have apple car play. Be sure to find an 18 that does. It will have 2 USB ports in console and a 7c vin. Try vroom or carvana. They keepa pretty good inventory. Good luck.
Exactly what I did as well, listened to the advice other forum members brought up about getting an extended warranty, and had the bank add that onto the loan.
Have had zero issues with the Stelvio it's been rock solid.
Seriously considering the Madness GoPedal, there's times where the throttle seems a tad slow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts