Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So somehow I wound up in a 2022 Stelvio Veloce because I couldn't find a red '21 with the Premium package since the HK sound was a requirement.

So far I'm enjoying the upgrade from the BMW x2 i had for the past few years, the ride and pickup are a nice improvement and I'm still learning my way around, so far I'm happy with almost all the options but still need to get a handle on the Safety assist package features, that's a new world for me.

However loss of the black badging has me looking to get that handled, and I'm looking for feedback as to if it's worth installing the cargo rail system that the '21's had since the parts are a minimal expense.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
49 Posts
Honestly, the trunk rails get more in the way than they help, in my experience. I've literally never used them. What I have used are these great Velcro dividers from Amazon that keep things from sliding around:
Multipurpose Cargo Organizer Blocks Car Trunk Storage Organizer Blocks, Available to Wool Trunk's Carpet for Car/Truck/SUV/Van, Set of 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VVPWSX...abc_593Y8GZ9N755G0TBXJGP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'd honestly just get the chrome badging removed. It would be way easier than replacing with black badging.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice, welcome to club. What red is that? is it new red or the photo is making look like orange? yes, defo get that veloce badge blackout, I like the rear diffuser. enjoy it with good health.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Plastidip would probably be good for changing the badging. But I'd leave them chrome.
I find the cargo net handy, it holds the boxes against the seat back so they don't slide around if I'm not using it for other stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, welcome to club. What red is that? is it new red or the photo is making look like orange? yes, defo get that veloce badge blackout, I like the rear diffuser. enjoy it with good health.
It's the classic Rosso Red just a bit oversaturated in the images, I need to get some not so enhanced pix myself this weekend, it's just been too rainy to get them the past 3 days.
I'm spoiled from seeing the Nero Edizione '21 cars and the all black trim, so the Veloce emblems will probably go, I adored the glossy black Nero badges on the 21's.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Beautiful! Where are you located - US or somewhere else? I have not seen a '22 in person and I am still waiting on mine to be built and shipped over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, a nice spec. I simply bought a cargo net for the same hooks you have in yours and that works fine to secure cargo.; no need for the rails….as far as the badging? Well, I’d probably just remove them or at least go with black versions…

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful! Where are you located - US or somewhere else? I have not seen a '22 in person and I am still waiting on mine to be built and shipped over.
Boston, MA, so yes, US, I hadn't even known there were 22's yet since they don't show on the corporate website and I think this was the first one my dealer had, my intent had been to get a '21 at a discount but I couldn't get a mix of colors and options that worked for me, and I inititially didn't ask about the lone '22 knowing the deals I could get on the '21, then last day of the month I made a conservative offer and they took it.
Yes, a nice spec. I simply bought a cargo net for the same hooks you have in yours and that works fine to secure cargo.; no need for the rails….as far as the badging? Well, I’d probably just remove them or at least go with black versions…
I'm pretty sure you're on the same page I am on badges, the rack system is calling my name because I had one 15 years ago in a Pontiac Vibe and used it all the time for holding things down, and the benefit is the whole setup is under $250 from the parts department

·
Registered
404 Posts
My dealer called me and we have a VIN! So it is getting closer!!

Reactions: dianebrat

·
Registered
7 Posts
very nice, those wheels look great! Agee with getting the badging blacked out. My '21 Ti sport is easily my favorite of any car I've owned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Boston, MA, so yes, US, I hadn't even known there were 22's yet since they don't show on the corporate website and I think this was the first one my dealer had, my intent had been to get a '21 at a discount but I couldn't get a mix of colors and options that worked for me, and I inititially didn't ask about the lone '22 knowing the deals I could get on the '21, then last day of the month I made a conservative offer and they took it.
I'm pretty sure you're on the same page I am on badges, the rack system is calling my name because I had one 15 years ago in a Pontiac Vibe and used it all the time for holding things down, and the benefit is the whole setup is under $250 from the parts department
If you don't mind what kind of offers were available on the 21 Stelvio? Was the 22 available in a similar price?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you don't mind what kind of offers were available on the 21 Stelvio? Was the 22 available in a similar price?
I'll start off with I got a deal on the 2022, but was just a haggle deal and I got it to a tick below invoice, only a $1000 competition incentive, but still got 0.9% financing.

The 2021 would have had about $3.5k more in incentives off above that to bring it to right below dealer cost, which makes sense since I'm sure they're getting backend deals to clear the 21's

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI Silverstone Gray Metallic/Red/Black
213 Posts
Nice looking 22 Stelvio! I love the new rear diffuser, but like you I also love the Nero Edizione package and it was a must for me. I am also in MA. I have had mine for a little over a year and I still smile every time I drive it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So somehow I wound up in a 2022 Stelvio Veloce because I couldn't find a red '21 with the Premium package since the HK sound was a requirement.

So far I'm enjoying the upgrade from the BMW x2 i had for the past few years, the ride and pickup are a nice improvement and I'm still learning my way around, so far I'm happy with almost all the options but still need to get a handle on the Safety assist package features, that's a new world for me.

However loss of the black badging has me looking to get that handled, and I'm looking for feedback as to if it's worth installing the cargo rail system that the '21's had since the parts are a minimal expense.
View attachment 23224 View attachment 23225 View attachment 23226 View attachment 23224 View attachment 23225 View attachment 23226
Welcome, Looks sweet in that red!
I'm in the Boston area as well. see you around. Enjoy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts