Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this 2018 Ti Sport yesterday:

This is my 4th Alfa Romeo, previous Alfas:

1969 1750 GTV
1970 1750 GTV race car - part owner - ran Pikes Peak in 1986
1983 GTV-6

Although only have about 100 miles on the Stelvio, I thing that I will really enjoying this car.

Cheers,

WD

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great photo!

Picked up this 2018 Ti Sport yesterday:

This is my 4th Alfa Romeo, previous Alfas:

1969 1750 GTV
1970 1750 GTV race car - part owner - ran Pikes Peak in 1986
1983 GTV-6

Although only have about 100 miles on the Stelvio, I thing that I will really enjoying this car.

Cheers,

WD
We're glad you're on board. Great color - lovely car, of course.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Pikes Peak in an Alfa!
when the road wasn't too good

You've got some good basis for comparison, I do hope you are happy with the Stelvio

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike Ward Alfa Romeo

Thank you for your kind words.

Obviously, I'm new to this forum. Not wanting to be inappropriate, however, I would like to share a few comments about the buying experience this week at Mike Ward Alfa Romeo in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.

Over the last 20 years or so, my wife and I have purchased a half dozen Lexus cars and have been impressed with the level of professionalism and customer service training in the Lexus stores, surpassing any other luxury brand, in our experience. Our buying experience this week at Mike Ward Alfa Romeo was easily equal, if not superior, to that in the Lexus stores. We were treated with professionalism and friendliness, repeatedly thanked for being a customer, etc., a most pleasant experience. Mike Ward made himself available on several occasions to ensure that we were well treated.

This dealer in the south metro area of Denver had about 75 Stelvios in stock in every combination of interior and exterior colors, wheel types and equipment. The selection of Guilias was equally extensive. Highly recommended dealership.

I have no involvement with this dealer, other than buying a car this week, nor with FCA, so this is an unbiased and unsolicited review.

WD

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
An Alfa Romeo PURIST-- great to have you around + congrats on your new Stelvio, future classic. White over red is super sharp. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we're enjoying ours!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see we have another loyal person to Alfa joining the community here. But did you at any point consider getting an SUV from any other car maker? I know Porsche often comes up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see we have another loyal person to Alfa joining the community here. But did you at any point consider getting an SUV from any other car maker? I know Porsche often comes up.
My wife has had several Lexus RX350 SUVs in succession, the most recent being a 2016 model, which is equipped pretty much alike the Stelvio Ti Sport. The Lexus does have a couple of features not available on the Stelvio, specifically Heads Up Display and 360 degree view on the video screen, which is handy for the larger car but not really necessary for the smaller Stelvio.

Recently, our son took delivery of a 2018 Audi SQ5, which was interesting because I have been a 10-year Audi owner. Very nice SUV but considerably more expensive than the Stelvio and heavier and, for me, too much technology.

The Porsche Macan does appeal and my wife may well opt for that for her next car but for me, the Stelvio met all of my objectives and touched me on an emotional level as a long-time Alfisti. Plus the Stelvio price is more reasonable than the Macan's.

I am thrilled that Alfa Romeo is back in the US and glad to have done my small part to keep the brand going here. Also, I admit to a weakness for Italian machinery. In addition to having had several Alfas in the past, I've owned a number of Ducatis and currently have a Moto Guzzi in the garage.

WD

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am thrilled that Alfa Romeo is back in the US and glad to have done my small part to keep the brand going here. Also, I admit to a weakness for Italian machinery. In addition to having had several Alfas in the past, I've owned a number of Ducatis and currently have a Moto Guzzi in the garage.

WD
tell me about it! a couple years back i ran into an 8C parked outside a high end hotel, proceeded to google production numbers on them and then found out about Alfa's return to the market. I just hope we will get products as epic as that 8C down the road. Giulia and Stelvio were a great start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts