Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Stelvio for 2 months and loving it. The drive is amazing and the throttle response is great.
Had to locate a vehicle with the specific equipment I wanted but worth the wait:

2018 ALFA ROMER STELVIO AWD
Exterior Color: Vesuvio Gray Metallic
Interior Color: Black/Black Interior Colors (Leather Seats)
Gloss Red Calipers with White Script
Black Roof Rails
Aluminum Interior Accents
Bright Aluminum Pedals
Sport Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Column–Mounted Aluminum Paddle Shifters
Sport–Tuned Suspension
Harman Kardon® Premium Audio
Sport AWD – Package 22J- 20–Inch x 8.5–Inch Sport Aluminum Wheels
255/45R20 All–Season Tires

Started to do some minor mods on it. :big-grin

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats! welcome to the forum

Who makes the cold air intake? What are your thoughts on it

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Jessie: Good to know you + welcome. Thanks already for your pics + perspective. We want to organize a show and tell maybe Philadelphia region this summer. Ciao!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Jessie: Good to know you + welcome. Thanks already for your pics + perspective. We want to organize a show and tell maybe Philadelphia region this summer. Ciao!

DO let me know, would love to meet other Alfa Romeo Owners

·
Registered
88 Posts

EuroCompulsion - Here is the link: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...alfa-romeo-stelvio-2-0l?variant=3343555493928

Loving it and you will tend to want to hear the blow off valve when the pressure lets off from the Turbo Spooling. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
How long did the V2 take to install? Were the instructions pretty accurate? I need to find the time to install mine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How long did the V2 take to install? Were the instructions pretty accurate? I need to find the time to install mine.
Had the dealer install it for me.
Finally found the time to install my EC v2 intake. It was fairly easy to do if you watch the YouTube instructions for it. A couple of things to note that is different from the video instruction (since that was a Giulia on the EC video): there are more than 2 10mm bolts that hold down the airbox bracket (3 total). Also, on the of the hoses on top (not the two bottom ones connected via clip and not the large one on top also connected via clip) is harder to remove than on the video ( on the video, there was no clamp on their hose, whereas mine had one close to the inlet). I just had to use pliers to wiggle that off. Other than that, I think the instructions were spot on and it seems we have more room to work with in the Stelvio engine bay compared to the Giulia. Install took about 2 hours start to finish.

As far as noticeable difference from stock to this V2 intake... I noticed more power off the line and the car felt as though it had a bit more pull.

As far as sound goes... There is just a very faint swoosh sound if I let of the gas with the windows up and no music on. With the music on (volume 10) I can here the swoosh at all. Inside the cabin I do not notice any louder engine noise or growl, although from outside, it seemed to have a bit more noise.

All in all, I'm happy with how simple it is to install, how it looks, and the power I feel it gave the car. Now, I just need to find the time to install the Eurocompulsion tune. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Congrats!! The EC intake looks very nice in the engine compartment!!

I have had my Stelvio for 2 months and loving it. The drive is amazing and the throttle response is great.
Had to locate a vehicle with the specific equipment I wanted but worth the wait:

2018 ALFA ROMER STELVIO AWD
Exterior Color: Vesuvio Gray Metallic
Interior Color: Black/Black Interior Colors (Leather Seats)
Gloss Red Calipers with White Script
Black Roof Rails
Aluminum Interior Accents
Bright Aluminum Pedals
Sport Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Column–Mounted Aluminum Paddle Shifters
Sport–Tuned Suspension
Harman Kardon® Premium Audio
Sport AWD – Package 22J- 20–Inch x 8.5–Inch Sport Aluminum Wheels
255/45R20 All–Season Tires

Started to do some minor mods on it. :big-grin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts