Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to introduce myself. I have been lusting over the Stelvio and Giulia since US arrival but I was not near the point of needing a new vehicle. I am now getting closer. While I am not an SUV guy, my wife and I realize that one of us should have an SUV. The Stelvio and new RDX are the only two that retain some of the driving feel I desire. And the Stelvio is the more enjoyable drive of the two and has the RDX beaten hands down in sexiness.

I have been lurking for some time but now may have some questions to ask the group. I look forward to getting some insights from the owners here.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome. We are a Honda family with a ridge line, crv, civic and wife has an Acura MDX. I also have a stelvio and an older alfa Romeo spider. Honda and Acura have reliability no doubt. Stelvio simply is fun to drive. At 52 now, life is short so rather than get a car or suv, wife said get something to enjoy so bought an 18 ti sport resale through a dealer. Saved 18k off sticker and I have fun driving it. Take the jump and have fun

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Does Acura have reliability down?

Consumer Reports rates them one spot ahead of Alfa Romeo for reliability.

So either Alfa is basically the same as Acura in terms of reliability....or the same in terms of unreliability..

..or the ratings are just a bunch of people splitting hairs and acting like it accomplishes something...(my vote)..when really it does nothing because all the brands use the same supplier networks now.

Regardless of what you get, the best chance is you will have some sort of stupid problem in the first couple years (broken visor clip..or glitchy infotainment) follow by a long period of complete reliability.

..however, again regardless of what you buy/lease, there is also a very small chance your engine might blow up. Every brand, Honda, Toyota, BMW, Bugatti, every brand...some may have a higher chance of a major problem, but the differance is small enough it could be a math error.

Get what you love.

Enjoy it.

Cant speak for everyone..but I enjoy looking at my parked Stelvio more than I enjoy driving any Acura...or any other SUV really. And driving the Stelvio...no competition, like...none.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was speaking with a friend this week and he has had his Acura RDX for two months is having issue with the brakes in the past two weeks. Feel is suddenly grabby and some frustrations with the electronics (like many vehicles today). Generally happy but also feels the Stelvio evokes more passion.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fully recommend you get one. I test drove most of the competition. The only real competition IMO is the Macan S (but for 20k(+) more)!! Test drove a base 4 cyl Macan too---Stelvio was noticeably more powerful and agile (310 lb/ft of torque says a lot). X3 and Q5 vanished quickly from my mind. SQ5 was close, but its a tank and not as nimble as the Stelvio (and also much more expensive). So I yolo'd for the first time in my life on a car---zero regrets. Like most others here, not only is the drive fantastic, but I also just like looking at it parked anywhere (and notice many others do too). Best performance per dollar out there IMO. And now is really a great time to buy. Let us know if you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There was another member who asked a similar question in another thread, RDX vs Stelvio.

I bought a Stelvio QV the same time my brother bought an RDX. The RDX is more comfortable with better “creature comforts.” The Stelvio drives better and makes me look back at it every time I park it. My brother loves the comfort and ease of his RDX. I love the immediacy and sharpness of my Stelvio. Other cars (X3, GLC) have more “ooh” factor with nicer interiors and infotainment systems. I genuinely get excited every morning just turning onto my freeway on ramp. Just depends what you prioritize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts