Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah interesting. I took my Go Pedal Plus off last year, and put it back on this Spring. Played around with the tunes a bit and got it to where I like it. Again, it doesn’t do anything to eliminate the off idle low rpm lag, but once it does catch it is great. Really fun in manual mode and mid turn throttle at 3-5k rpm …

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
319 Posts
I have a 2022 Veloce, to me it seems very very laggy unless in "D" mode. I have owned nothing but Turbo cars in life and this one is as bad as the Land Rover i sold for the same reason.
It seems as though the ECU (or TCU?) delays power when you floor it from a standstill. Instead, try depressing the throttle in a more linear fashion and don't floor it until you just started moving. That gets you off the line slightly quicker. In terms of wanting to rip it off the line as fast as possible, the only real solution is to brake torque.

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
700 Posts
I like the response in D, but when I'm just tooling around, I feel it keeps the gears too long, if I'm sporting, I have no issue with it, but if I'm in D just because initial throttle tip in is better, I find myself upshifting to override D's decision to hold the gear. for me, and my inability to drive, I would prefer a setting with the D throttle and maybe N regarding upshift points. (maybe this is possible with MES? IDK)

regardless, I bit the bullet, and ordered a go pedal, so in a few weeks, I may tell of my reality.
Occasionally, my wife ribs me about the delay, when and if she happens to use it on an errand, and I'm not going to take it any longer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Going from a 2019 Sport to 2022 Veloce reveals they tweaked the throttle programming. It is now less abrupt off idle/on throttle. But, it seems slower in the process. And, this is borne out in recent Motor Trend Road Test results. I agree that for me, almost un-drivable in anything but D. Nonetheless, GOPedal does not eliminate the lag, but make everything that comes afterward better…

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
NO incorrect. It increases the amount of throttle body opening dispropotionally. Press pedal 10% yet get 50% throttle. At 50% depress you are already WOT. So if you are mashed on the accelerator, you get you no dimished throttle effect till you have lifted 50%. I know I had one on another vehicle for a week before I threw it away. Dumbest piece of crap I ever tried next to a Vornado in my young and stupid days. Instead of having an inch or so of easy to modulate pedal in traffic, you now go boost on, boost off and god forbid you have adaptive crap enggaed....whiplash.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I like the response in D, but when I'm just tooling around, I feel it keeps the gears too long, if I'm sporting, I have no issue with it, but if I'm in D just because initial throttle tip in is better, I find myself upshifting to override D's decision to hold the gear. for me, and my inability to drive, I would prefer a setting with the D throttle and maybe N regarding upshift points. (maybe this is possible with MES? IDK)

regardless, I bit the bullet, and ordered a go pedal, so in a few weeks, I may tell of my reality.
Occasionally, my wife ribs me about the delay, when and if she happens to use it on an errand, and I'm not going to take it any longer.
A delayed reaction is supposed to be good in certain "acts" should be your response. HMMM, premature tip in.......:whistle:

·
Registered
116 Posts
My assessment is not incorrect. The Go pedal can only work with what is present in terms of hardware and base programming from the the ecu, Therefore, the adjustments you make are strictly additive to what Alfa supplies. Now, with especially the Bluetooth version, you have infinite adjustment. But, it does not eliminate the lag. Yes, I agree, it creates disproportionate throttle opening to less pedal travel when you increase the sensitivity. But, as I stated, adjustments Alfa made between my 2019 and 2022 smooth the stock power delivery so it is less of a bang after you pass through the lag. This was supported by the MT results comparing 2018 vs 2022. Now, GoPedal does not eliminate this base programming. Even with more sensitivity to the pedal dialed in, the 2022 is not as explosive as the 2019 was. But, it is a more sophisticated power delivery…Lastly, whether you like a throttle controller or not, it’s a matter of personal taste. My M3 has one from the factory, and I do prefer it engaged. My 360 has one from the factory, tied into the Sport setting, and it sharpens response from the already sensitive pedal. Nice, when you want that. I added one to an NA Ls3 Corvette I modified to wake up the throttle, and loved it. On my Porsche, not needed. On my Aston, not needed. To each his or her own, but my experience with the GP plus has been positive.

·
Registered
18 stelvio ti sport
11 Posts
I put the go pedal on my 18 Stelvio and even with it set fully to maximum, I have no trouble feathering the throttle. It's what you get accustomed to. For my tastes, it gives the illusion of more power without working the gas pedal hard. I've driven it off and while the go pedal is on full and it's not difficult to drive either way. I don't see any negative with the pedal.
The point is to enjoy driving the car and I definitely enough it. The go pedal makes it more responsive to me but I'm not a mash the pedal to the floor kind of driver.
At hyway speeds I notice it kicks down faster when I want to pass. It feels better.

I can understand someone saying it's their commuter car and they have no lag, of course not! Driving it easy there is no lag. There really isn't much of a problem with the power delivery unless you are searching for an immediate surge of linear power from a standstill. This car is not linear at all, I think that's not a bad thing necessarily. The turbo kick is a part of the fun...
I tried brake boosting a few times and yes, if gets rid of any big lag...
I guess the go pedal isn't really for everyone.. I do feel it improves the driving experience for me. Just like exhaust modifications, it comes down to personal taste. In fact, any modification is subjective...hey that lime green stripe you put on your hood works for you, nothing wrong with that...

·
Registered
18 stelvio ti sport
11 Posts
I bought mine a month ago from Madness and total regret. Not what I spected. Wasted money.
If somebody wants it, 200 usd is fine for picking it up here in Miami.
That sucks... I'm finding soft throttle inputs make the most difference . I guess it depends on what you had hoped for... you aren't the first person who didn't like it..
I bought the standard one without the bothering phone app.

Vivo

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2017 also has sort of lag, especially when i tried to measure 0-62. Put in D, standstill and mash throttle - clearly you can feel a pause between when engine starts acting so yeah, that also does not improve acceleration times either (brake boost does). But i felt even more pronounced lag (or should ir be turbo, although it’s peak nm is reached in lower rpm) in 200hp version (after facelift). That barely used Stelvio really had a bad throttle or turbo lag, that especially felt when trying to merge into roundabout.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts