Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delivered today brand new shiny 2020my Vulcano black on black Quad love the color but not sure I’m going to love cleaning it as the swirls, etc are bound to happen😳 I’m already having anxiety! 🤪
I was also told to keep rpm to under 5k for the first 1200 miles...man that’s going to be tough🤪🤔 so far so good 28miles and many more to come! Thx for all the posts and comments tips and tricks. So far the kids favorite part is the huge sunroof!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
81 Posts
Love the yellow calipers, really jump out at you. Black is a pain to keep clean but looks great when it is. And welcome to the club.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx has anyone else been told about this break-in methodology? Keep it under 5k rpm for the first 1200miles? Sounds ok but this car is designed to be pushed mad and wants me to push that gas pedal harder!😜
Yeah the dust and finger prints are already bothering me...but then again I do enjoy spending time with her!
I’m seriously thinking about at least a front ppf film but quotes are a bit outrageous these days...$750 for just the front bumper!? Am I out of touch or is this high $?

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio QV w/ Sparco seats 💺
76 Posts
Thx has anyone else been told about this break-in methodology? Keep it under 5k rpm for the first 1200miles? Sounds ok but this car is designed to be pushed mad and wants me to push that gas pedal harder!😜
Yeah the dust and finger prints are already bothering me...but then again I do enjoy spending time with her!
I’m seriously thinking about at least a front ppf film but quotes are a bit outrageous these days...$750 for just the front bumper!? Am I out of touch or is this high $?
Is that just the front bumper or does it include the hood and side mirrors? If not, then that is on the steep side lol well worth it though and and absolute must...read too many posts on here about the fragility of the paint AR use... also congratulations! 🎊 were almost twinning with the exception of brake calipers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twinny! how’s your Vulcano black paint holding up so far? Did you ppf? Btw- No doesn’t include hood and side mirrors...maybe I can ask them to throw it in!? 😂😜🤪 and do tints on front windows too! Did you do anything else to her?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Twinny! how’s your Vulcano black paint holding up so far? Did you ppf? Btw- No doesn’t include hood and side mirrors...maybe I can ask them to throw it in!? 😂😜🤪 and do tints on front windows too! Did you do anything else to her?
GTA Carbon Fiber Mirror replacement

CF Grille and Emblem

CF Side Skirts

CF Roof Spoiler

CF Diffuser

I’m also on lowering springs (1.5”) and running two piece custom wheels from BC Forged.

I have the entire front end (bumper, hood, A pillars, driver/passenger front doors) covered in PPF! The paint is definitely susceptible to chips and it doesn’t take much smh... I have plenty of micro chipping on the rear fender flares from the tires kicking up stuff but I don’t think you can avoid that lol

I have all the aesthetics complete for now (may do Xpel stealth down the road)... next up are the power mods!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

View attachment 20253

CF Grille and Emblem

View attachment 20254

CF Side Skirts

View attachment 20255

CF Roof Spoiler

View attachment 20256

CF Diffuser

View attachment 20257

I’m also on lowering springs (1.5”) and running two piece custom wheels from BC Forged.
View attachment 20258

I have the entire front end (bumper, hood, A pillars, driver/passenger front doors) covered in PPF! The paint is definitely susceptible to chips and it doesn’t take much smh... I have plenty of micro chipping on the rear fender flares from the tires kicking up stuff but I don’t think you can avoid that lol

I have all the aesthetics complete for now (may do Xpel stealth down the road)... next up are the power mods!
Holy carbon Batman! Don’t get me wrong it looks good. Great photoshoot. I would love to see those wheels on a black car in person ...I was going for the stealth black look myself. I have had dark grey cars with silver rims and blue car with silver so thought I would change it up a bit.
Looking for akrapovic exhaust I think too...not sure if I want it though- not sure I’m convinced it’s that big a difference in noise/sound level but my god I love the look on the tailpipes! Do you mind me asking how much was ppf for front at least?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Holy carbon Batman! Don’t get me wrong it looks good. Great photoshoot. I would love to see those wheels on a black car in person ...I was going for the stealth black look myself. I have had dark grey cars with silver rims and blue car with silver so thought I would change it up a bit.
Looking for akrapovic exhaust I think too...not sure if I want it though- not sure I’m convinced it’s that big a difference in noise/sound level but my god I love the look on the tailpipes! Do you mind me asking how much was ppf for front at least?
😂😂😂 it is quite a bit of CF, but it’s not very noticeable unless you have a trained eye and know what to look for!

I don’t think any of the catback systems on the market are worth it IMO. I’ll be going catless and running the race exhaust from Supersprint.

I’m not sure how much the PPF cost as it was installed before I purchased it... I think $1250 was what the dealer had mentioned.

·
Registered
49 Posts

View attachment 20253

CF Grille and Emblem

View attachment 20254

CF Side Skirts

View attachment 20255

CF Roof Spoiler

View attachment 20256

CF Diffuser

View attachment 20257

View attachment 20258

love the stance! it makes the wheels a perfect fit. beauty

·
Registered
101 Posts
Delivered today brand new shiny 2020my Vulcano black on black Quad love the color but not sure I’m going to love cleaning it as the swirls, etc are bound to happen😳 I’m already having anxiety! 🤪
I was also told to keep rpm to under 5k for the first 1200 miles...man that’s going to be tough🤪🤔 so far so good 28miles and many more to come! Thx for all the posts and comments tips and tricks. So far the kids favorite part is the huge sunroof!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ View attachment 20252

·
Registered
8 Posts
check out Auto Fanatic web site. Great YouTube videos on car care and he sells a wide variety of cleaning products.
I was also told to keep rpm to under 5k for the first 1200 miles...man that’s going to be tough🤪🤔 so far so good 28miles and many more to come! Thx for all the posts and comments tips and tricks. So far the kids favorite part is the huge sunroof!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ View attachment 20252

·
Registered
28 Posts
No it's not high. I paid $950 for the front end and headlights. Expel was the film I had applied two years ago. Looks great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts