Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. I´m next. 210hp of course.
Order yesterday. 90 days counting...

Did you order the pack Performance AT8 ? (8LW = 939 + 4WE + SDD)
Hi,
Where are you located. In UK they are not taking any more Diesel orders. Mine got rejected 2 weeks after I placed it. Then I just took whatever was available at dealers' stock

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I´m in Portugal.
I order it yesterday.. but not confirm yet.... :eek
I think you should double check. From what I have been told in UK, it appears that the Italy Factory is not taking any orders, so I will be surprised if they would take orders from Portugal and not from UK.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sure, I will be waiting to hear from you.
Already put the sales man under pressure... lets see.
The order is done. I truely hope that the order passes... because if not I will cancel it.
I did such an unique configuration.. that they don´t have in stock similar...
Eheheheheheh :devil

It will be the unique 210 Diesel with performance pack.. ahahahahahaha :grin
They have in stock some 180... not even near my configuration.

I hope that is a Marketing games that the factory is doing for the local dealer sales their stock cars instead of make special orders.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
it almost makes sense that UK orders would be open for certain time periods, and then close, as the factory probably has to switch over to wrong hand drive for a while. if they took uk orders with the timing wrong it would take forever to get delivery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Already put the sales man under pressure... lets see.
The order is done. I truely hope that the order passes... because if not I will cancel it.
I did such an unique configuration.. that they don´t have in stock similar...
Eheheheheheh :devil

It will be the unique 210 Diesel with performance pack.. ahahahahahaha :grin
They have in stock some 180... not even near my configuration.

I hope that is a Marketing games that the factory is doing for the local dealer sales their stock cars instead of make special orders.
I am jealous now, I did add a lot of options, but 2 weeks after taking the order, they sent it back. I didn't get any of my options :crying. I have to settle in for what was available :crying:crying

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it almost makes sense that UK orders would be open for certain time periods, and then close, as the factory probably has to switch over to wrong hand drive for a while. if they took uk orders with the timing wrong it would take forever to get delivery.
I see your point, but by the sales stats, I dont think that Stelvio factory is overloaded.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's not quite how car production works....

They can build all variants at the same time, one after the other, without stopping. Supplies are "sequenced" in the correct order so the right parts for the specific build are available. It's one of the most impressive parts of the vehicle manufacturing process.

I was told that the problem is down to "Euro 6 diesel engines". There's new legislation regarding real world emissions that all OEMs are now required to meet in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if Fiat Group have the same problems that Porsche/VW/Audi have with their diesels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That's not quite how car production works....

They can build all variants at the same time, one after the other, without stopping. Supplies are "sequenced" in the correct order so the right parts for the specific build are available. It's one of the most impressive parts of the vehicle manufacturing process.

I was told that the problem is down to "Euro 6 diesel engines". There's new legislation regarding real world emissions that all OEMs are now required to meet in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if Fiat Group have the same problems that Porsche/VW/Audi have with their diesels.
Porsche has totally pulled out of diesel market. No more diesel porsche. Fiat will pull out in 4 years time.
https://www.ft.com/content/25fa04ac-1a08-11e8-aaca-4574d7dabfb6

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-f...diesel-from-its-cars-by-2022-ft-idUKKCN1GA0IW
So No Diesel Stelvios after 3.5 years. I wont be surprised if Alfa says in near future that no more diesel Stelvios at all.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Thanks to our friends at VW, there is huge scrutiny and potential liability for these engines as regulatory winds change. Too bad, as always, for those who actually comply in good faith.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
"all variants at the same time"
I'd like to think so, but I don't. if that were the case we might see some different interior choices on the quads, as it would be no big deal to toss in lusso seats & wood. "watching" peoples order/build dates reinforces this, although I certainly haven't charted or tracked it, just an impression.
and the UK/Aus variants introductions are usually somewhat behind Europe - I can think of no other reason for that occurring.

perhaps for efficiency sake, but it SEEMS that they build in "like" batches.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts