Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! So, this move was very unexpected for me and at the same time it was not. My name is RayJ-HT and I have a car addiction. More on that later. I just purchased a 2018 Stelvio TI AWD this last Friday. I had other models/trims I wanted more and that were a little cheaper up front unfortunately car dealers are doing exceedingly well. This means they will not call back and will not follow up very often. How do you turn away guaranteed money? Oh well. After losing several cars this way I checked out a local car that had not moved. The mileage was high for me at 39K but after doing research I found out the previous owner serviced it well and all recalls had been addressed. The final straw was getting a higher trade in price than I thought. Anyway, I have started working on caring for a few cosmetic items so I hope to find lots of information here.

car1.jpg car2.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys. I went from 31.9Kish to 30K something but that included a great deal on an extended warranty. It has the TI package so it has the roof, wheels, and 8.8 inch infotainment system. As well as a few other things but it wasn't the best price up front. To be honest I made good from my trade and not paying for dealer charges. I saw better equipped cars for the same price or lower with lower miles.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Normal for this market right now. Almost all cars are up in price due to big shortages in the semiconductors needed to run key components. So, tight on the buy, but good on the trade in. I feel sorry for the Chevy dealer near me. Huge front lot with a huge hole in the middle. The 30-something cars available were lining the curb with absolutely nothing behind them. The lot could easily hold 100.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True I just noted this while passing a Cadillac dealer this morning. On a side note I am feeling better and better about my purchase. Seems the dealer, who didn't fill the car up, must have also used a low grade of gas. After putting in premium the car drives so nice in all of the modes. While I have and will purchased a few upgrades I am going to keep it simple for a while. Just do the 40K servicing and see how she runs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Visited a friend in Phoenixville PA this weekend. Noticed that both the Chevy and Ford dealers used lots were nearly empty. Front line of cars along the street, and almost no vehicles in rest of lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello everyone! So, this move was very unexpected for me and at the same time it was not. My name is RayJ-HT and I have a car addiction. More on that later. I just purchased a 2018 Stelvio TI AWD this last Friday.
Welcome and congratulations!
Where in Houston are you? I'm down in Pearland.

Reactions: RayJ-HT

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome and congratulations!
Where in Houston are you? I'm down in Pearland.
Midtown area but I pass through Pearland all the time. True story a grey Stelvio drove up behind me at a car wash a day or so ago. I did a double take....like what! I just knew the guy would pull over and talk once he finished to dry his car but he just pulled off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts