Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I bet, if you closely inspect your paint and the same color on a Ram, you find more flaws on the Ram. Probably our clear coat is better too, it's not a fair comparison because of the types of use, but seen alot more Rams with paint made ugly from scratches then Alfa's.

I off-road and have brush scrap against my paint, I do try to avoid them in general but they happen. In 4 years I have never needed to buff any scratches out, my problem is with hard water spots from rain and parking outside. Anyways, point is... The clear coat seems very durable more so then any other Stellantis product I'm familiar with.

One time .... I accidentally dropped a metal 1/4 ratchet and it smacked against the door panel as it fell. Nothing. No scratch, no dent... Nothing. (Took me a second to recover cause I expected damage the second I heard impact) Like I said, Alfa's seem to have a better then average finish in terms of durability.

My car is white, but the only colors anyone has had problems with the finish regularly is the one blue I think got discontinued. Otherwise.... We sure do seem to have a lot of 4+ year old daily driver Alfa's that look brand new. More then most brands I think, especially mainstream Stellantis brands like Ram.. should be worth something.

Even swirl marks.... Seems like no one has even complained about swirl marks.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I know that pain...

Remember the part of the wiper arm that hits our hood is metal. It'll chip the paint if
it hits hard enough. Been a couple reports of that, maintenance mode is good to remember. I did smack my paint with the wiper once and it didn't do anything but I wasn't yanking.

But yeah, otherwise stunned at how well the finish holds up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts