Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
wonderful - I'm sure many are interested in your thoughts/impressions as your ownership/experience unfolds.

I hope they start sending them here soon, I'm getting antsy waiting for mine.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Another Big Dog! Welcome to the pack- so hoping you have an excellent experience and we get to enjoy your comments.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have a family event this weekend so not much time for driving... but if you have any QV questions then shoot.

BTW, I do have Carplay and can confirm that Tidal sounds pretty good on the HK system.

And a great tip for all of you using paddles. You can go from P to Drive just by using the right paddle - you don't have to touch the stick at all!

L8r, thebimbo

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
my boring QV question has to do with hitch mounting, does it appear to you or the dealer that what would fit on other stelvios would also fit on a quad?

my other question is simpler, is it just plain grin inducing fun to drive?

·
Read Only
849 Posts
my boring QV question has to do with hitch mounting, does it appear to you or the dealer that what would fit on other stelvios would also fit on a quad?

do you know the term modify, customize, study, beautify? here, do not ask too many questions, what I'm looking for are not faults, I look for strange things and if I do not find them I build them.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"do you know the term"
yeah, I just have no idea what you are saying or inferring.

the whole hitch thing has been stupid, with it being an option you can't order for the base model, then guys go out and get their own, then you can order one (for the base), but no one at FCA US or apparently Europe has had two side by side to see if there is anything which would require a different hitch? give me a break, I don't have an issue with ordering aftermarket, or custom done, but it is absurd that FCA can't simply give a yay or nay for a standard hitch, or that I could be ordering something that doesn't fit, or getting a custom fabrication when there is no reason to except that the manufacturer won't tell anyone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

So there is no trailer hitch option for the QV due to the exhaust system set up.

Been fun to drive so far but only ca. 30km...

·
Read Only
849 Posts
"do you know the term"
yeah, I just have no idea what you are saying or inferring.

the whole hitch thing has been stupid, with it being an option you can't order for the base model, then guys go out and get their own, then you can order one (for the base), but no one at FCA US or apparently Europe has had two side by side to see if there is anything which would require a different hitch? give me a break, I don't have an issue with ordering aftermarket, or custom done, but it is absurd that FCA can't simply give a yay or nay for a standard hitch, or that I could be ordering something that doesn't fit, or getting a custom fabrication when there is no reason to except that the manufacturer won't tell anyone.

in many moments FCA ALFA etc, have made some choices not exactly correct, it seems that they can not see farther than their short nose, I do no wonder more me than anything with them.

another big problem is that this teams don't work to find solution for they own errors, I don't know why

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
grins, or out and out laughter?
just how much fun is it?
Definitely don't regret (waiting &) going for the QV, would have kicked myself if I hadn't... Used my trip to do some testing of audio controls using Tidal over Carplay, I'll have another fresh listen tomorrow to confirm my thoughts and post my settings then.

Otherwise I've been experimenting with the different DNA & Race settings and N surprised me as being a great compromise for everyday driving as I had assumed I'd always want to be in D. In my mind D, and Race, really mean you want to take control with the paddles. And you'll really want to open the sunroof or windows to let more sound in ?

l8r, thebimbo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And I'm very happy with the grey colour, looks fab. I had considered the two-tone interior when I was ordering - with the lower panels in red - but not missing that one bit.

l8r, thebimbo

1 - 20 of 37 Posts