Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my Stelvio on a 2 week vacation. Never in my life did I think I would be able take an Alfa with as much stuff as I did with 4 adults for such a vacation.

4 bikes
2 full set of golf clubs
8 suit cases (carryon size)
8 fishing rods and reels
Large tackle box
Wife's shoes
2 collapsable chairs
4 beach games
3 boogie boards
cast net
crab net
Xbox one
2 computers

Lake time
beach time
Charleston
Biltmore house

1700 miles
Averaged 70 MPH (80 MPH top speed)
Gas Milage 20.9

that's my story and here are my pix. Would love to hear and see yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
that's a great story - and a lotta stuff!

sadly my trips since purchase have involved airplanes and rentacars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, all that stuff! My wife's shoes would have taken up half the space. But I do notice that the Stelvio carries more than our previous Lexus NX even though the dimensions are almost exactly the same.
----------------------
2019 Ti - Alfa Rosso

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I remember you deciding on a stelvio because of the bike rack on the 4c or something - so the loaded up picture is kind of amusing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember you deciding on a stelvio because of the bike rack on the 4c or something - so the loaded up picture is kind of amusing.
The Stelvio replaced my mini van. With the roof top box and bike rack - I believe i have more room and a lot more fun driving.

I have not yet taken the 4C on vacation.

The last time I vacationed in the 87 Spider I had to rent a u haul to bring it back ohio when the computer system crashed. That was not a fun Alfa vacation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ha! We were just at The Biltmore in Asheville. Admittedly didn't take the Alfa as we're a bit spooked after the dead battery issue (too fresh). Ended up taking the Honda Passport (Orlando to Asheville). Our son was attending a week long camp in the Asheville area.

Going small size pic to not hijack an AR vaca thread.... pic from within The Biltmore "complex".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts