Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, (just posted this to the main page not sure if i should repost to the quadrifoglio sections)

New to Alfa Romeo, actually so new i did what many would consider a sin, I just purchased a QV site unseen. Well, it's brand new so i don't think ill have any surprises but I never drove or even sat in one. It is a little scary not knowing what to expect this weekend if its ready for pick up but that's also quite exciting.

I would like to de-badge it but I also want to remove the clover (sorry if I'm offending any purist) Is there any type of clip hole under the clover section on the side fenders? does it stick out past the paint or can I simply wrap over it if it can't be removed?

Any must do that everyone with a Stelvio does to it, must i wait to push it till it hits 1000km? I live in Canada does it come with all-season tires or should I look into winters already?

Thank you all for your help and look forward to joining this group.

G.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome. Wow, buying a QV having never even sat in one. Well, I just have a 2.0, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the performance----some actual QVs should jump in here. I would not hammer it until you are done with the recommended break in period per the owner's manual. Also, check the output of the battery, especially if the car sat a long time on the lot before you bought it.

Post a pic when you can.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have my SQ in front of me but I think the Quad badge sets in a relief on the fender. If you remove the badge you may have a dished area to deal with. My wrap experience in KS with hot / cold weather is it may shrink a little and bubble in that area.
Consider having them cover the badge and fender with one piece and carefully cut the air gap between the fender and badge. Then with low heat gun if needed fold the wrap into the crevace between.
I bet if they are a wrap business they have done something similar.
The 4C for example is involved removing the front bumper cover. On dissasembling these cars for mods we have found the installers just cut and fold in these areas.
It looks good and may be more durable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help so far, so from what I gather it's not like the rest of the lettering that has solid paint colour underneath.
It's not that I don't like the clover, I would just rather most not know what model it is. Maybe the hood is a giveaway, not sure if it's an option on other trims.
It does add some sort of excitement not seeing it I just hope me and my wife like the visibility. unless it's just too good it will be a short-term vehicle. After watching most youtube videos of it I think it will be a great driving experience.
I should have known from other forums that photos are a must. I don't have my own yet but this is what the dealer sent me of the exterior.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes it was my Giulia Quad that had the recessed logo, my Stelvio Quad is like ducky says, on top of fender.
The Quad logo is so cool and has so much good history I would leave it too.
Your SQ looks good in black, be sure to look at some older wraps to see how they fare in your environment its not a cheap investment.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Look up the part and see if it has a couple of pins that go into holes - I would expect it does.
Removing the badge won't turn that into a sleeper anyway.
I ordered mine the day they started, so like you hadn't seen a quad other than internet tests etc.
Its pretty much impossible to "push" this vehicle on public roads in North America, drive it.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Veloce Rosso Etna
41 Posts
If the quad emblem is removed, I recommend a 1 year ban from the forum ;):D

• Haha
Reactions: Matt2172 and TDW11

·
Registered
‘22 Stelvio QV
210 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
No one is really going to know what this is. And, even if they do, or if you tell them, they're going to assume it's crazy expensive, anyway. I just have a 2.0 (with all the badges), and people assume I spent way more on it than I actually did. I think they think anything Italian is as expensive as a Maserati or Ferrari.

That being said, on the road when I'm driving, people just think it's a normal CUV.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I could see removing the lettering on the back, but not the clover emblems. Hardly anybody knows what it is even with Stelvio on the back and without that nobody other than Alfa people will know.

Read through the forum for a while and then see if you have any questions that aren't answered. Most of the big things have been discussed in one thread or another. Replacing the battery is probably the biggest, but you won't need to worry about that for a while.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio QV
145 Posts
Hi Everyone, (just posted this to the main page not sure if i should repost to the quadrifoglio sections)

New to Alfa Romeo, actually so new i did what many would consider a sin, I just purchased a QV site unseen. Well, it's brand new so i don't think ill have any surprises but I never drove or even sat in one. It is a little scary not knowing what to expect this weekend if its ready for pick up but that's also quite exciting.

I would like to de-badge it but I also want to remove the clover (sorry if I'm offending any purist) Is there any type of clip hole under the clover section on the side fenders? does it stick out past the paint or can I simply wrap over it if it can't be removed?

Any must do that everyone with a Stelvio does to it, must i wait to push it till it hits 1000km? I live in Canada does it come with all-season tires or should I look into winters already?

Thank you all for your help and look forward to joining this group.

G.
READ THE OWNERS MANUAL.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for your help so far, so from what I gather it's not like the rest of the lettering that has solid paint colour underneath.
It's not that I don't like the clover, I would just rather most not know what model it is. Maybe the hood is a giveaway, not sure if it's an option on other trims.
It does add some sort of excitement not seeing it I just hope me and my wife like the visibility. unless it's just too good it will be a short-term vehicle. After watching most youtube videos of it I think it will be a great driving experience.
I should have known from other forums that photos are a must. I don't have my own yet but this is what the dealer sent me of the exterior.
Stelvio QV is one of them most understated performance variants. No silly carbon fibre bits and fake aerodynamic and cooling elements. Most of the differences are functional - bonnet holes for cooling, quad exhaust tips, forged wheels, drilled brake discs. There isn’t even a badge on the back - just the clovers. You need to be in the know to be able to tell it’s not a 2.0. Those who know will still know what it is and they will wonder why you are missing the clovers. Those who don’t know but still think it’s exotic would not change it mind because it’s missing the clovers.
You are overthinking this - just leave as is.
It’s a bit like respraying a Ferrari into black or grey to be more understated - if you think it stands out (SQV stands out the least of anything in the same ball park of performance) and it is a problem for you, just get a different car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts