Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks again everyone, I want to clarify although most are on the right track. Its not that I dont like the clover, I do, i think it adds some nice contrast and history from ok m what i recently learned. I'm not looking to make it a sleeper either, its just that I typically debadge what I can so it was more of curiosity.
However, its a replacement vehicle for another profomance suv we had stolen recently so I thought maybe debadging it would make it less desirable. And I dont have a garage park it in.
I suppose thieves know what there after and no mater what I do you will either know or not know what it is.
From reading tons of other discussions on this forum, maybe I'm better off leaving the badges on so thieves dont think it's a Mazda, much more likelyhood it would be stolen then. : )
I guess my next thread should be for tracking devices and immobilisers.

·
Registered
‘22 Stelvio QV
210 Posts
Just fyi, not sure about Canada but the Alfa App has tracking capabilities as the vehicle has a built in transponder--which seems to work pretty well from my tests, but not sure the lag on the location tracking.

The car is programmed to automatically immobilize after the OE battery shits the bed apparently, but I guess in intervening years you might have to add something if you want that. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Giorgio platform has a pretty nasty vulnerability through a radar cover. You can get the tools for not very much to exploit it. Post face lift models with trackers are also affected - tracker can be jammed.
Lots been going in south London. Look at the start of this thread to see the explanation.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
357 Posts
I don't believe debadging will deter thieves, if they know their stuff, they will still identify your vehicle as a QV from the quad exhaust, openings on the hood, big brakes and big wheels.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thieves suck. Maybe go old school and put some kind of mechanical lock on one of the wheels or one of those steering wheel locks. Putting a cover on it may be enough. Depends on how much hassle you want to go through vs securing the car. The idea is to make it enough of a PITA for the thieves to go on to the next car.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Honestly I think being an Alfa is a decent deterrent.

They are so rare..... Police put out an APB on a stolen Alfa.... That stolen Alfa might be the only Alfa on the road in that city right then. Makes it easy to find.... I wouldn't steal that car. Rather grab a BMW or anything else, that blends in. Seriously.... There might be a better chance of two Ferrari's on the road at the same time then two Stelvio's.

Especially a QV.... gotta be one of, if not the lowest volume production cars sold new. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts