Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently just traded in my Subaru WRX-STi (stage 2+) for a Stelvio. Love the car so far, looking to switch to a deeper louder catback exhaust system. I am a diesel technician myself and love maintaining my own cars... I am getting pretty bummed about what I'm reading in regard to what a pain in the ass it may or may not be to reset the "change oil" interval notification. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank You

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not hard whatsoever ... buy MultiECUScan, the USB diagnostic lead, and the blue and grey adapters. One of the best purchases you'll ever make owning a modern Alfa ... as a tech you'll appreciate it, it's kinda like wiTECH with reduced capability, but hell of a lot better than being left in the dark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not hard whatsoever ... buy MultiECUScan, the USB diagnostic lead, and the blue and grey adapters. One of the best purchases you'll ever make owning a modern Alfa ... as a tech you'll appreciate it, it's kinda like wiTECH with reduced capability, but hell of a lot better than being left in the dark
Thank you Bossa Nova. I'm going to the dealership next week for an ECM software update campaign, I will be asking if by doing the oil changes myself would void the warranty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would not ask them, wouldn't need to know their opinion. The FTC enforces the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and denying or voiding warranty coverage because someone other than the dealer performed maintenance is illegal in the United States. Just use the correct spec of oil, which is found in owners manual. I can always give you the service info manual procedures too, I have them.

FTC link to MMWA below

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would not ask them, wouldn't need to know their opinion. The FTC enforces the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and denying or voiding warranty coverage because someone other than the dealer performed maintenance is illegal in the United States. Just use the correct spec of oil, which is found in owners manual. I can always give you the service info manual procedures too, I have them.

FTC link to MMWA below

Great to know thank you for the invaluable info. I'm all about OEM lube filters and oil all the way no doubt. Do you have any experience with the BMC intake air filter with silicone hose?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts