Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Water Plant Grille

I am up to 55,000 KMs on my 2018 Stelvio, Stromboli Grey. It's the base model and I added sport tires, which are on the vehicle in this photo.

A few comments at this much mileage. I recently had to replace my coolant pump which was not cheap. Otherwise, it's run great for two+ plus years. I upgraded the Varta battery to an Interstate AGM battery recently as I wanted to improve roughness in the start/stop feature. Did the replacement myself as Interstate would not do an installation on this vehicle in Canada. I followed a guide placed on this site (thank you very much) and it was easy once I realized there is a hole pre-drilled to secure the smaller AGM battery. Alfa covers it with grey tape out of the factory.

I have never second guessed this purchase. The vehicle is a pleasure to drive. My wife hardly ever drives her car anymore with this in the driveway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The valve inside the pump was stuck so symptoms were limp mode once the engine warmed up. The onboard environmental system shut down and I lost Dynamic drive mode. I actually misdiagnosed the problem as related to my battery initially after reading about many issues with the Varta on this site. No regrets on that change for the money as it's more efficient supporting the electrical system on this car. The pump was close to $1,000 CAD with labor, ouch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts