Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry about that! Except for some quirky design issues, my white Sport has been flawless; so the color probably isn't the problem. Good luck with it. It is a sweet ride!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad to have a new member on the forum.
I agree, its far more italian than anything before it. Previously i was considering the Levante but something about it seems to Chrysler to me. Maserati did well on the Ghibli and Quattroporte but the Levante was a big miss.

What other SUV's were you looking at before deciding on the Stelvio?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh no. Congrats on the purchase, sorry you are having an issue already.
Keep us posted on the resolution

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yesterday when I started up, I had service message for ACC ,Front collision braking, and left break light and blinker service. I rebooted the system and restarted and all was fine. If it happens again I will schedule service. I must say the Adaptive cruise control (ACC) is a must have

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Pay attention on battery voltage, the power source in this car need to be very good and in plenty efficency

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drove over 50 miles to the dealer per the request of the service manager. After spending 3 hours there, they did nothing for me.

Had them look at the logs and also 2 issues with the stereo: 1.) Phone calls over BT have a constant level static 2.) while playing from an iPhone X and multiple lightening cables, after a few songs constant crackling from the left side.

Of course they said they could reproduce any issues and said Alfa would do nothing about any problem unless the error code was present at the shop. They don't care if it shows up in the logs.

They were able to reproduce the stereo issues and have sent it to Alfa engineering, but doubt anything will be done about it.

Other note, when I got the Stelvio home I checked the tire pressure, and they were all about 60 PSI. ? I have a feeling the dealer didn't perform all of the pre-delivery inspection steps since the car had been received that day.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dealer PDI service

I drove over 50 miles to the dealer per the request of the service manager. After spending 3 hours there, they did nothing for me.

Had them look at the logs and also 2 issues with the stereo: 1.) Phone calls over BT have a constant level static 2.) while playing from an iPhone X and multiple lightening cables, after a few songs constant crackling from the left side.

Of course they said they could reproduce any issues and said Alfa would do nothing about any problem unless the error code was present at the shop. They don't care if it shows up in the logs.

They were able to reproduce the stereo issues and have sent it to Alfa engineering, but doubt anything will be done about it.

Other note, when I got the Stelvio home I checked the tire pressure, and they were all about 60 PSI. ? I have a feeling the dealer didn't perform all of the pre-delivery inspection steps since the car had been received that day.
You should be able to get the Service Manager to send you a copy of the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) checklist completed by the technician. If not, contact the GM of the Alfa store and request it.

RE: Over-inflated tires
Remember, if you drove the car home and then checked the air-pressure while the tires were hot, you'll get a bad reading. In any case, I can't remember the last time I bought a new car and the tire pressures were correct!! (usually over inflated, too) :>)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up my Stelvio last night in Volcano Black after the 15 mile drive home from the dealer I went back out and notice my check engine light was on. Called the dealer to set up a service appointment and about 5 minutes late the light shut off and hasn't returned yet.

I love the car already and expect little nuisance from Alfa Romeo. Good luck with you car!

·
Registered
151 Posts
1000 miles on mine and not one issue. What does the Dealer receiving inspection entail?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So my Stelvio is now at a dealer much closer to my house. All of the sudden last week, bluetooth phone calls have become unusable since when I talk, the recipient says I am completely breaking up and can hear 1 or 2 words out of every sentence. Tried with multiple phones and different service providers.

In regards to the electrical popping/crackle from iOS devices connected to the radio, I tested 3 iPhone Xs (mine, fiancé's and roommate's) and my iPad pro. Still getting the noises. Tried with multiple cables, all brand new. FCA has requested that I try an android and preload a USB stick with songs. I also noted that the issue occurs on the loaner Stelvio they gave me. It has manufacture month of 5/17 while mine is 9/17. Both have the Harmon Kardon system.

I'll post an update after I test the other devices on the loaner and hear back from FCA.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine does not have the harmon kardon system and I have no problems. MAybe something to do with the harmon kardon system/install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Checked the Giulia forums and others are having the same issue as me. Spent an hour on the phone with Apple and they refuse to let me talk to a Senior Engineer. They keep saying that it’s Alfa’s problem.

????

·
Registered
2 Posts
HK complaint

In Poland guys from alfa forums wrote a plant emails to FCA Grop with list of complaint. I heard on 2nd of December the FCE Group is working with some system upgrades to make the sound correct. I hope you will get it soon. Best regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just spent 30 minutes driving around with the tech, and of course he said he couldn't hear anything.

I have uploaded a video of it happening. I have a bunch more and I sent it to the FCA case manager I was assigned. Hopefully it makes it to Alfa's engineering team. Here is the video if any of you guys are wondering what it sounds like, or to see if it is the same sound you are getting.

Thanks for all the replies!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts