Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am an avid car enthusiast, was always a German car guy. Still own 2010 911 cs2. I was thinking of getting a Macan S for daily driving and accidentally noticed a Fiat dealer with about two dozens of Stelvios upfront. I came in just out curiosity and asked about these. 30 min later after test driving Ti Sport I was in love with that car. The next day I drove away in a beautiful Monte Carlo blue with brown Lusso interior. I am so impressed with speed, torque and handling that I am willing to overlook little annoying things like crapy Nav and clunky infotainment system lifted straight out of 5 year old BMW :)
Great job Alfa Romeo and I hope more people appreciate the brand and see it as a great alternative to myriads of Q5, Macans and F-types.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Welcome to the Alfa side- Great knowing you + share your enthusiasm, LeonY!

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Great job Alfa Romeo and I hope more people appreciate the brand and see it as a great alternative to myriads of Q5, Macans and F-types.
Pulling out from lunch in Westport CT stopped at the light waiting to turn, this guy rolled through the intersection in a very nice looking metallic blue F-Pace, and nearly rear ended the car ahead of him pulling into where I had just left because he was staring at me with awe and envy. :grin

You made a great choice, you're going to love the Alfa. Few of the querks and stuff like the older infotainment interface, in just a matter of days you're going to not care anymore and focus instead on enjoying the drive.

Also remember those 4-5 year old BMW X5's with the same style interface are still being sold CPO with a factory warranty, and the people buying them think it's state of the art. That's also about the last time BMW made a car that was really very good to drive, probably because they spent most of the effort building a new infotainment system instead of improving the driving of the cars. Proof of that is look at the MT head 2 head with the Giulia QV vs the M3, or the head 2 head with the QV vs everything else. The Alfa beats them all, why shouldn't it? Not sure about you, but I'd rather have a great car with an ok infotainment system than a great infotainment system with an ok car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts