Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reading about the Alfa Romeo Stelvio’s track time is all well and good, but not everyone will hit the race track and most days you’re stuck behind traffic or running errands. That’s where the more mundane features of the Stelvio comes into play and Mat Watson from CarWow is here to review everything from the luggage area to the cup holders.

Like most SUVs, getting in and out of the car is easy and the interior is spacious with plenty of practical features. Fancy a cuppa every morning? There are two huge cup holders hidden by a sliding panel and for those in need more even more hydration, the door storage area has room for two bottles of water. Extra storage can be found everywhere, from a small cubby under the headlight adjustment buttons, to a large armrest storage box with USB outlets. The glovebox could be a big larger, but the sporty design makes up for it.

He calls it a very Alfa look, most likely comparing the dash to what you’d see in the Giulia and overall it’s nice design, though some materials aren’t as luxurious as its German rivals.

Moving back one row, we have decent leg room and headroom though it can feel uncomfortable with three rear passengers. The seats fold down three way, so if needed you can poke your skis through the middle. Sure, the Audi has more second row space, but what the Stelvio offer is big enough for most people.

The same applies to the boot as well, not a segment leader but it should be large enough for your needs and the seats fold down for even more space.

Those just a few of the more practical points Mat delves into and you can watch the full review below.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Euro Stelvio suspension must be tuned different than USA, the Ti I drove had a very good ride, also the presenter forgot to mention that in the Alfa you won't die of boredom like In the Audi Q5.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Euro Stelvio suspension must be tuned different than USA, the Ti I drove had a very good ride, also the presenter forgot to mention that in the Alfa you won't die of boredom like In the Audi Q5.
I think it's really the subjective nature of these reviews rather than a difference in suspension tuning. This is a review of the UK spec cars on Northern Ireland roads and the reviewer praises the ride quality:

We expected the Stelvio to be sporty in the way it drives, but what most surprised me was how well it ‘does the SUV thing’, for want of a better term. That is, it rides and soaks up poor roads as we’d expect an SUV to, and in a way which so many European SUVs don’t.
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio review | CarAdvice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts