Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the Stelvio Forum.

My husband and I are considering an Alfa Romeo Stelvio (cannot believe I actually just typed that, but I am pretty smitten ;)

We do not have a local dealer and while we realize we could purchase in another city or via the Internet, we are concerned about Warranty Repair/Routine Service.

I called our local Chrysler/Fiat and they do not service AR. We live in Tallahassee and probably the closest dealers are Jacksonville, Winter Haven or Atlanta.

I should say that this is our only car, so being without it will be a pretty big inconvenience.

Is anyone else in a similar situation, and if so, how are you handling this?

Thanks so much,
Allie Orange

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love cars and particularly unique cars. So far the Stelvio is a very reliable vehicle for almost everyone on this board. But in my opinion, over time Toyota or Honda relaiability will likely be better than Alfa- but also likely better than BMW and Audi, and Land Rover and Jaguar.

I have four cars so I am taking zero risk even when I drive my 1987 Porsche 944. I have a ready back up.

The Stevlio does have a four year 50,000 mile warranty and Alfa does provide a free loaner (for how many years I do not know), so maybe your only risk is time lost driving back and forth to Jacksonville once in a while.

·
Registered
381 Posts
huh, free loaner?

I love cars and particularly unique cars. So far the Stelvio is a very reliable vehicle for almost everyone on this board. But in my opinion, over time Toyota or Honda relaiability will likely be better than Alfa- but also likely better than BMW and Audi, and Land Rover and Jaguar.

I have four cars so I am taking zero risk even when I drive my 1987 Porsche 944. I have a ready back up.

The Stelvio does have a four year 50,000 mile warranty and Alfa does provide a free loaner (for how many years I do not know), so maybe your only risk is time lost driving back and forth to Jacksonville once in a while.
When I bought my Stelvio in October, all 3 San Diego county dealers were emphatic that they do not give FREE loaner cars for warranty repairs or servicing. (I have nearly 1700 miles on my car and it's been flawless so far)

But maybe something has changed with FCA/Alfa Romeo that I'm not aware of?

If so, please provide for all of us in this forum the evidence that a free loaner car is available to stateside Alfa owners -

·
Registered
536 Posts
THe dealer nearest to me that I'll go to is BIrmingham (150 miles each way). Jim Ellis is a dealer in atlanta, the atlanta dealer I bought mine from, Don Jackson dropped alfa.

I'm not terribly worried about it tho in terms of needing alot.

Hi, I am new to the Stelvio Forum.

My husband and I are considering an Alfa Romeo Stelvio (cannot believe I actually just typed that, but I am pretty smitten ;)

We do not have a local dealer and while we realize we could purchase in another city or via the Internet, we are concerned about Warranty Repair/Routine Service.

I called our local Chrysler/Fiat and they do not service AR. We live in Tallahassee and probably the closest dealers are Jacksonville, Winter Haven or Atlanta.

I should say that this is our only car, so being without it will be a pretty big inconvenience.

Is anyone else in a similar situation, and if so, how are you handling this?

Thanks so much,
Allie Orange

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I was a little nervous at first. Closest dealer is 40 miles away and we did have a small problem at first (turned out to be minor) and by now we are completely confident that all is and will be well. For future service or recalls (as with previous Jeep- I drove past 3 other dealers to deal with D'Ambrosio group service) I make an outing of it and enjoy the time walking the lot and checking things out + can work out of my cell phone for an enjoyable afternoon.

Point is other than minor issues (squeaking brakes, battery, liftgate adjustment) there is nothing- nothing to find here or anywhere about major issues with this model.

Compare to BMW or Jag or Land Rover horror stories it's a pretty safe bet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
When I bought my Stelvio in October, all 3 San Diego county dealers were emphatic that they do not give FREE loaner cars for warranty repairs or servicing. (I have nearly 1700 miles on my car and it's been flawless so far)

But maybe something has changed with FCA/Alfa Romeo that I'm not aware of?

If so, please provide for all of us in this forum the evidence that a free loaner car is available to stateside Alfa owners -
Maybe I am wrong, but I was left with the impression that my Alfa dealer (who claims to be the largest in the USA) does provide free loaners.

As with everything in life, caveat emptor. Each person should do their own due diligence.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
When we had an issue we were offered a loaner (didn't need it due to logistical issues). Dealers are not typically too thrilled at offering them unless it's needed due to liability issues (and abuse from some customers) but if there were an issue needing the car to be left overnight I would probably expect to borrow a loaner- at least in Warranty. Best advice I have ever given: always use tact, kindness, and diplomacy - never pi$$ off the guy that controls your destiny! Better to be smart than 'right'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts