Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2018 Stelvio and every time I make a hard turn where the steering wheel has to go all the way to the end of its turning potential, it makes a weird noise. The vehicle still has 20k miles left on the warranty. Will this be covered under the warranty or is this something I will need to pay for to get it fixed?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just purchased a 2018 Stelvio and every time I make a hard turn where the steering wheel has to go all the way to the end of its turning potential, it makes a weird noise. The vehicle still has 20k miles left on the warranty. Will this be covered under the warranty or is this something I will need to pay for to get it fixed?
Do a search, it's a highly discussed subject ... ;)
It's a completely normal effect on the giulia/stelvio, caused by the Ackermann configuration of the steering, and more pronounced with cold wheather due to harder tire rubber.
See also:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick reply. I experienced this in a drive thru when making a hard turn at extremely low speed. Is this the same thing?

·
Registered
424 Posts
ye
Thank you for your quick reply. I experienced this in a drive thru when making a hard turn at extremely low speed. Is this the same thing?
Yes. It happens specifically at (very) low speeds, making tight turns. One tire will scrub/skip.
It's completely harmless though.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Same reason this thing corners on rails at speed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mary there should also be a skipping sensation felt on certain surfaces when full lock turning, this is also normal.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hello Mary,
We are happy to welcome you to the Alfa Romeo family! However, if you believe your vehicle is not operating as designed, we would kindly suggest having this diagnosed by your dealer. If you decide to go this route, we are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts