Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,385 Posts
Ouch, so sorry! Hope everyone is ok.

Would guess whether it is totalled or repaired has to do with how long you'll need a rental car for. If it's 6 months, they may total it. If you are ok with driving while waiting for parts probably repair.

My only hesitation would be the hatch.... I would want a new one, not that one repaired. Which will depend on the body shop, find the one that works on Ferrari's in your area.

· Registered
6,385 Posts
I drove out to Johnson Valley just now, two lane highway, no divider, mostly straight, middle of nowhere. People do triple digits like its nothing, except for the big rigs and people with RVs who do 40mph.

I just saw someone in a Lincoln Corsair try to pass a semi and maybe 6 cars behind it in one pass. He didn't make it, drove off the road into the desert to avoid oncoming traffic. (Entire thing was avoidable, he could have slammed the brakes and jerked back behind the semi too, guy had to be on something.)

.... There are worse ways to start the week. Were a lot of people who stopped and I am not a rubber necker and was at least 8 cars behind where he pulled out when it happened.... But it looked really bad, hitting deep sand at 100 in an SUV is ugly.

Be safe out there people.

· Registered
6,385 Posts
I noticed more high beams lately too.... Who knows why.

Hate to say this but ..... People who know how to not overreact in an emergency while driving . ...... Might drive Alfa's, probably don't drive Lincoln's.

.... No idea what that person was thinking trying something like that in a Lincoln. Isn't about power .. it's about control at speed.

· Registered
6,385 Posts
People wouldn't have to put in HID light if manufactuers would stop with the bs marketing that LEDs are just as bright.

Wouldn't doubt if part of the issue with people driving with brights on.. is due to LED headlights.

They don't penetrate as far, don't illuminate reflections on road sign, don't allow a person to spot animals and other things that might jump in front of a moving car at night (like drunks trying to run across a four lane highway at night with no street lights).

What they are is cheaper to buy and install while allowing more flexibility with design. They aren't brighter.... Are less effective outside of a city. Anywhere that isn't covered in street lights where a driver can't see anything outside of the headlight beam.... People feel like they need to put their brights on. Just my opinion. LEDs are trash outside of a city.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts