Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Alfa Romeo Giulia QV uses very similar wheels to what we see on the Stelvio QV but I believe the sizes are slightly different. The Giulia uses 20s and the Stelvio is using 21s if I'm reading this image correctly.

Can't tell if the photo says 235/40/R21 ? Can you tell?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can't zoom in enough to make out the tire numbers. Think they'll be interchangeable with such a small difference in size?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure they can be used. Running the 20s off of the Giulia would enable you to run a slightly larger tire for a bit more comfort maybe?

·
Registered
149 Posts
that's probably a question best answered by the Alfa Romeo dealership since we don't have specific details like that. The Stelvio Ti may be at the New York International Auto Show but they never really release info like rotor sizes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
AR is at a point where they need to keep costs low so even little things like this being the same goes a long way. I'll be surprised if they do something different. What are the odds?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm pretty sure they would make different rim sizes. It's an SUV vs. sedan. The styling will be the same to follow the QV thing but the rims would naturally be bigger. Looking at it from all the suvs and sedans you see in other manufacturers, it just makes sense. Pretty much adjusting according to size differences.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So it turns out the Giulia uses 19's which have a tire profile that is proportioned similar to this in its own respect. Anyone wanting bigger wheels for the QV might look to the Stelvio, these 21's on the Giulia would look crazy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hm... so I was wrong with that one, the 21s would be a big difference on the Giulia but I think it would look pretty dope. Wish I could update the original post as to not confuse people though!

·
Registered
146 Posts
If TireBusiness is correct, the Alfa Stelvio SUV will come with a set of 18-inch version of the run-flat all-season Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport tire as standard for the Asian/Pacific and North American markets. So the size will be 235/60R18 103V.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well... if tires are indeed their business... they should be pretty on point I would hope haha.

I typically really don't like darn run-flat tires but I'll probably ultimately end up running them until I wear them out and switch over to regular but good season dedicated tires.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just read up on RubberNews who posted the same thing so I'm sure that's probably correct then haha. Here's an outline of the tires and some features.

The tire features central rib high angle lugs and lateral shoulder grooves to enhance wet traction and full-depth sipes to promote all-season performance across the life of the tire. The all-season tire is also engineered with Run-Flat Technology, which allows the driver to maintain vehicle control after a puncture, to continue driving for up to about 50 miles at 50 mph.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From all the reviews I've been reading about them, those tires are horrendous.

They don't last long at all and that's a uniform complaint, and apparently they aren't grippy by far either. This may be a problem for us.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've done some searching too and you're definitely right. Time to start planning my next choice of tires.. They'll have to be season dedicated and I'm probably leaning towards something from Yoko just because I have never had a bad experience with any of their tires.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Doing some simple things like warming up the tires and driving them hard enough when new could do it. Not all tires are the same and some tires need some breaking in before they really shine. I might not care to upgrade tires unless aftermarket wheels are part of the equation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Alfa Romeo Giulia QV uses very similar wheels to what we see on the Stelvio QV but I believe the sizes are slightly different. The Giulia uses 20s and the Stelvio is using 21s if I'm reading this image correctly.

Can't tell if the photo says 235/40/R21 ? Can you tell?

QV US tour version is 285/35/21 on 10 inch wheels in rear and 255/40/21 on 9 inch wheels in the front. However, I think they are going to sell with staggered 20 inch versions of the QV wheels. 21s look perfect and I'm looking at savini wheels that are blanks for custom offset and bolt pattern 5x110

1 - 17 of 17 Posts