1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
368 Posts
Try this from another post...

Steps:
Turn off the car, open door, close door
Push the Start button to turn on the car's electronics without starting the engine. Don't put your foot on the brake!
Pump gas pedal five times all the way to the floor board, where it feels like you are pushing in a button
Hit the start button again to shut off the car
Start the car"

·
Administrator
643 Posts
The Stelvio seems to have two oil change counters. One based on miles, and the other based on time.

An example of the latter that has affected quite a few of us is shortly after we got our new Stelvio the oil change warning based on time appears. It is activated when one year has elapsed since the car was built. But in many (most?) cases, the new owner gets the car after it has been sitting in the dealer's lot for some months. For me, the warning showed up 4 months after I bought my Stelvio, but 1 year after the manufacture date on the door frame sticker.

It is likely that when they changed your oil they reset the elapsed miles warning but not the elapsed time warning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Stelvio seems to have two oil change counters. One based on miles, and the other based on time.

An example of the latter that has affected quite a few of us is shortly after we got our new Stelvio the oil change warning based on time appears. It is activated when one year has elapsed since the car was built. But in many (most?) cases, the new owner gets the car after it has been sitting in the dealer's lot for some months. For me, the warning showed up 4 months after I bought my Stelvio, but 1 year after the manufacture date on the door frame sticker.

It is likely that when they changed your oil they reset the elapsed miles warning but not the elapsed time warning.
I think that's exactly what happened with me. It's time for me to return the lease, and I just don't want Ally to charge me for something like this when it's not my fault. I wonder if it's my responsibility to change oil when there's enough oil in the car.

·
Registered
647 Posts
What Tom said. Just take it back and have them ensure both oil change timers were reset from the oil change you just did (screen says next service in 365 days).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Didn't work for me either. Is there a way to reset without going to dealer?
I was able to do it on my 18 ti sport. The trick is the timing of the actions, if you do it too fast it wont work and if you do it too slow it wont work. The Guilia forum has a good explanation of how to do it and I had previously posted the proceedure I followed to reset mine. I attempted it several times before I got it to work. It doesnt tell you when it resets, you have to check the counter. I think they could take a lesson from Ford or GM on this item.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have lost both the dealer where I bought my 2018 Stelvio in Savannah and the next nearest in Jacksonville. I found a local foreign car shop that changed the oil today but neither of us could get the mileage reset to work. Can't AlfaCares help with this?
I feel like an orphan.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
FYI. I tried the gas pedal method several times wo success but then tried the brake pedal once and it worked.. key on...hit brake pedal 3 times quickly....start Veh...
Exact same for me. Tried gas pedal 3 times method twice, gas pedal 5 times once and then found this post. Did brake 3 times and voila!

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
65 Posts
FYI. I tried the gas pedal method several times wo success but then tried the brake pedal once and it worked.. key on...hit brake pedal 3 times quickly....start Veh...
I can also confirm that this method worked on my '18 TI Sport, build date 5/18. The steps are:

1) Get in, close door.
2) Press the Start/Stop button to turn the car on (but do not start it).
3) Press and release the brake pedal three times rapidly (press it all the way to the floor).
4) Press and hold the brake pedal and start the car.

Thank you for posting this!! I haven't bought an MES yet and the reminder was getting annoying (I changed the oil on time but at an independent shop, not the dealer).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts