Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Basically, as long as the displayed oil level is between the min and max tickmarks, you're OK

If you're tempted to add oil, be very carefull, it only takes very little, and it can take a long time for the electronic gauge to update. You do not want to overfill.
Edit: I see you have a QV, use the dipstick ;)

·
265 Posts
That is over 75% of the range and is OK. Anywhere between the left and right vertical white lines is OK. If it gets down to 25% of the range or less, then add some oil. About a half quart or less.

If you forget to check it and the oil level drops too far, a warning will display on the center display.

·
Registered
stelvio QV
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank u guys,, but im wondering where is the oil go after it was max , if the car has no leaks ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Electronic sensors can misread. Too, did the OP check the level immediately after the oil service? What was the level then? Improper oil filling is hardly an unknown issue, particularly at chains. My Cherokee with the turbo 2.0 uses almost no oil over every 5000 mile interval - this according to a physical dipstick not a gauge. So no, a turbo “doesn’t always burn some oil”.

As long as the OP keeps an eye on the level he’ll be fine.

·
Registered
stelvio QV
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem is that im not familiar how to read the oil dipstick for the alfa ,its confusing me there is no line tell the max level on the dipstick 🥴

·
Registered
192 Posts
the problem is that im not familiar how to read the oil dipstick for the alfa ,its confusing me there is no line tell the max level on the dipstick 🥴
Your oil gauge shows you are down about 250ml from max fill. Id leave it alone.

Typically manufacturers allow for 1 liter of oil burn every 1k miles before they admit it is excessive and will warranty claim something. In real life id say people burn between zero and one quart every 5k miles as normal.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You're fine. My oil level was in the exact same spot right after its first oil change at the dealer--and is still in the exact same spot 8 months later. No oil burn at all for me---yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi everyone, i found the oil level slightly less to max , is that normal ? or i have to stop driving it ? , service and oil was changed before 2 months .
It maybe normal, I just had my oil change and my oil level is reading the same

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi everyone, i found the oil level slightly less to max , is that normal ? or i have to stop driving it ? , service and oil was changed before 2 months .
A lot of people seem to be getting anal about keeping the oil level at full. Remember the old days of a real dipstick, anything between full and add was fine, this range was 1 quart. I read of people talking about adding onces of oil, why? this seems anal to me. Don't sweat it being down a little on the stupid electric dipstick. I would have paid extra on the new car to get a real dipstick that never fails to tell the truth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts