Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this car! I've been driving company cars for 30 years and after retiring finally got to buy what I wanted. I always wanted a sports car, but at 60 years old I need something a little easier to get in and out of, so decided on a sporty SUV. I was originally thinking Porsche Cayenne, Jaguar F-Pace or something similar. I wanted to keep it in the low $40s, so was assuming I'd have to buy used. I test drove the above cars and sat in some Mercedes and BMWs, but with the tall, wide consoles the knee room wasn't adequate. (I'm 6'-6" tall, so legroom and headroom are always an issue.) Then I ran across the Stelvio and it was love at first test drive, and buying new was in my price range. Couldn't be happier, and the wife loves it, too. I had to get one without a sunroof due to the reduced headroom, but that's been the case with every car I've had. Just had a Stealth Hitch installed so I can tow my boat, and it looks great. Once again, I couldn't be happier with this car (OK, Android Auto would be nice), and I especially like that after five weeks of driving it around Portland, Oregon I have yet to see another one on the road. So far, so good!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I also love the room of the Stelvio and how the dash is not cluttered with a ton of buttons. I could not be happier as well with this vehicle.

the looks and stares it brings is always great as well.

Congrats to us all.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you're like me, you're always looking for reasons to run errands !!! :devil

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Pound: Good to know you and welcome to the Posse! Look forward to your experiences.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You got a good choice and congratulations! Would you like share your deal with us? I'm always wondering how much people buy this machine instead lease.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my deal

You got a good choice and congratulations! Would you like share your deal with us? I'm always wondering how much people buy this machine instead lease.
I purchased my Stelvio just short of 1 month ago. Leasing just doesn't work for me due to the mileage. Also, I have just never got my mead around leasing, I feel like its just renting the car(my issues lol). I was able to get 7K off the sticker price, and my credit union offered me 8 year financing at 3.5 pct, so my payment is pretty reasonable. And for the record... I absolutely love the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Love this car! I've been driving company cars for 30 years and after retiring finally got to buy what I wanted. I always wanted a sports car, but at 60 years old I need something a little easier to get in and out of, so decided on a sporty SUV. I was originally thinking Porsche Cayenne, Jaguar F-Pace or something similar. I wanted to keep it in the low $40s, so was assuming I'd have to buy used. I test drove the above cars and sat in some Mercedes and BMWs, but with the tall, wide consoles the knee room wasn't adequate. (I'm 6'-6" tall, so legroom and headroom are always an issue.) Then I ran across the Stelvio and it was love at first test drive, and buying new was in my price range. Couldn't be happier, and the wife loves it, too. I had to get one without a sunroof due to the reduced headroom, but that's been the case with every car I've had. Just had a Stealth Hitch installed so I can tow my boat, and it looks great. Once again, I couldn't be happier with this car (OK, Android Auto would be nice), and I especially like that after five weeks of driving it around Portland, Oregon I have yet to see another one on the road. So far, so good!
Welcome from Seattle. I'm 6-4 and can't believe how roomy my sister Giulia is (no sunroof). I actually have the seat slightly forward and up several inches. I saw a customer in the dealer showroom who was 6-6 and said he had adequate room. Man, they must be growing some lanky Italians these days! :D

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Like my Lotus, Stelvio has something about it that makes every ride fun!! I think it is the relative lightness and agility!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great choice and welcome to the forum! What colors did you get?

Ray
I got the Vulcano Black Metallic with black/black interior, along with the black calipers (I've always liked black cars for some reason). To be honest, I got this particular car because I loved the looks and it was the only one the dealer had that didn't have a sunroof (and I don't have the patience to order one and wait). It does have the sports package, which I probably wouldn't have gotten if I'd had a choice (do I really need paddle shifters?), but after having it for a while I'm really glad I ended up with it. This thing is fun to drive. I don't see how you could beat it for less than $42k.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Pushing 12K miles + can't stop enjoying this vehicle- wuz thinking today the miles are clicking by fast but not driving our Stelvio is a depressing thought. Guess we'll run the wheels off + hope to trade into another one in a few years!

Reactions: tom1356
1 - 12 of 12 Posts