Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of this car, price, etc.? Looks like it has most of the option other than sunroof.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wouldn't this be a ti sport wtih the paddle shifters?

It has ALL the options.

It's a good price, but honestly, I think you could find a similar lease return with lower miles
for maybe slightly more money. Be sure you get someone to nail down the delivery date
for warranty purposes. It's official 4 yrs/50K so half the miles are gone, but if it sat on the lot
(a lot of '18s did just that), you could have close to 3 years left on the warranty.

here's one in evanston il. it's not a ti sport, but only 7K miles for about the same price.

evanston

If you make a run up to the autobarn, tell Kane I sent ya.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks goblue. Yeah it's a sport model, they just didn't add it to the title.

I don't like leases. Makes no sense to me to pay thousands of dollars once the lease has ended. I generally keep my cars awhile and think I get more value that way.

Yeah I saw that one in evanston but I have to have a ti sport. There is one locally here that I'm eying too. Has a sunroof also.

Not having to deal with out of state and shipping is a big plus. I just dont have time to fly around.

The 2019's are coming out also but my budget is limited.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 with 3100 miles. It has the Ti Sport AWD Package 22S, Driver Assistance Static Package, Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package, Cargo Comp Adjustable Rail System and the 8.8–Inch AM / FM Bluetooth® Radio with 3D NAV HD Radio. Paid $33K for it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'de negotiate some off of the price....basically on principle I'de want 2k off.

Used cars have a better profit margin.

Great advice on getting the delivery date for the warrenty, also inspect under the car to make sure there is no damage from driving like a madman.

Drive that and a brand new back to back to be sure it "feels right".

Otherwise, if it fits the bill...seems like a decent price in general. Thing about used cars is there is always another one that will be less, or have lower miles...however it will also have different options and other variations. If you're happy with this, its equiped right....negotiate a little better price and start having fun in the car again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just picked up a 2018 with 3100 miles. It has the Ti Sport AWD Package 22S, Driver Assistance Static Package, Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package, Cargo Comp Adjustable Rail System and the 8.8–Inch AM / FM Bluetooth® Radio with 3D NAV HD Radio. Paid $33K for it.
yes if i didnt care about color i could have found one a long time ago. only want black interior and gray or silver exterior.

you find it on cargurus?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'de negotiate some off of the price....basically on principle I'de want 2k off.

Used cars have a better profit margin.

Great advice on getting the delivery date for the warrenty, also inspect under the car to make sure there is no damage from driving like a madman.

Drive that and a brand new back to back to be sure it "feels right".

Otherwise, if it fits the bill...seems like a decent price in general. Thing about used cars is there is always another one that will be less, or have lower miles...however it will also have different options and other variations. If you're happy with this, its equiped right....negotiate a little better price and start having fun in the car again!
Everytime I try to negotiate they won't budge as that is the "internet price" they say. Where do I find the delivery date?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks pretty nice, no apple car play/android auto if that is important to you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I took my original 235/55-19 off at 24K miles, they look to have another 5K left on them. Have the tires already been replaced? That is a pretty significant expense to negotiate down, you'll be incurring that soon if you look at the posts on tire wear. The service requirements on the 18 also call for a belt replacement and spark plugs at a pretty low mileage, and the 30K service is coming up. If you don't plan on doing that yourself or having done at an independent shop, perhaps they will give you the 30K service now, change the plugs and the belt. Or give you some service credits (make sure that is well documented), or even better maybe they will give you a long term warranty at a deeply discounted price. I got a great deal once on a long term 100K warranty for Jaguar XJ, came in handy. Throw in a tire and wheel warranty. They make lots of money on that stuff and not bad to have if you can negotiate it down, for a car that you own.

Reactions: drpepper68

·
Registered
233 Posts
Maybe they will do one of those ceramic paint treatments for you cheap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes if i didnt care about color i could have found one a long time ago. only want black interior and gray or silver exterior.

you find it on cargurus?
I got a Stromboli gray metallic one with black interior. Just searched the local dealerships. Got this from a local dealership that was closing it’s Alfa store.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a Stromboli gray metallic one with black interior. Just searched the local dealerships. Got this from a local dealership that was closing it’s Alfa store.
you think all dealers use cargurus or should I be checking each individually?

that’s the exact car I want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took my original 235/55-19 off at 24K miles, they look to have another 5K left on them. Have the tires already been replaced? That is a pretty significant expense to negotiate down, you'll be incurring that soon if you look at the posts on tire wear. The service requirements on the 18 also call for a belt replacement and spark plugs at a pretty low mileage, and the 30K service is coming up. If you don't plan on doing that yourself or having done at an independent shop, perhaps they will give you the 30K service now, change the plugs and the belt. Or give you some service credits (make sure that is well documented), or even better maybe they will give you a long term warranty at a deeply discounted price. I got a great deal once on a long term 100K warranty for Jaguar XJ, came in handy. Throw in a tire and wheel warranty. They make lots of money on that stuff and not bad to have if you can negotiate it down, for a car that you own.
thanks! that gives me some really good notes!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Everytime I try to negotiate they won't budge as that is the "internet price" they say. Where do I find the delivery date?
Do not ask them for the original delivery date. They may give you an "accidental" date that is closer to now than the real date to give you the impression you still have lots of warranty time left. Then, after the sale is done and when its time for your first service, you may be in for a big surprise (and a "oops, i guess we read that wrong" excuse).

Get the CARFAX or AutoCheck report on the car. They will show the original delivery date to the first owner/lessee. Most dealers have subscriptions to one or both. Ask for it over the phone before you go in person (you have tons of leverage this way). I've had dealers email me many CARFAXs in the past. Lots of good info on them besides delivery date, like service history (if done at a dealer) and whether the car has been damaged or in an accident. ALWAYS read the CARFAX or AutoCheck before you buy. Good luck

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
TDW11 nailed the delivery date.

Internet prices generally are fixed. Normally they are also a solid deal...its hard to know if this specific deal is because I don't know your market and prices do vary based on location...alot. Would guess it's a good deal though...

The advice about trying for a warrenty or 30k service is a good idea. If they wont drop price even $500, try for one or both of those.

Ceramic paint protectant/sealant is a good idea too maybe try negotiating that also. It's like wax but longer lasting and better in general (more protection).

Hell, if you want black coated wheels...see if they will do that for you....

I always tell the salesperson/manager getting something from them, even as small as a $500 discount, helps me feel good as I make the payment....can't expect a person to buy a car they dont feel good about while making the payment...

Ifall said and done, they wont do antthing, but you want that car...it drives right..feels good...you can afford it...

Go for it. F#$%/&! love this car...and I paid alot more than what you are being quoted....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here is my thoughts to you.

IS there any other Alfa Dealer in the drivable area near you that you can check out? there will be lease backs coming all the time if you prefer a used one. I know where I live there is even new 2018 stock on the lot that has some great discounts.

I think the 2018 if not the later model with Apple car play/ Android can not be upgraded to have it. My does not and that is fine as my I phone still puts all the music on and the phone connects great for hands free.

At 2 years it will need a brake fluid flush and the serpentine belt does come up at a early change out so ask what that comes to for $$$.

It is a fantastic ride that I love more than any other SUV I have ever owned,

·
Registered
106 Posts
....Internet prices generally are fixed. Normally they are also a solid deal...its hard to know if this specific deal is because I don't know your market and prices do vary based on location...alot. Would guess it's a good deal though...
OP can try Truecar.com. It should tell you what others are paying for the same or similar cars in your area. At least, it should give you an idea of whether you're getting a good deal or not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What do you all think of this car, price, etc.? Looks like it has most of the option other than sunroof.

Thanks for the feedback!
if you're in Dallas they have a bunch of demos for sale cheap if you're interested in a 2019... Check out my dealer essence Alfa Romeo.. Great service there and straight shooting sales group. Just picked up my new Vesuvio 19 TI last weekend and just got detailed.. But I have chocolate interior like my last 18 Brown with choc int... Love these cars.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They will tell you that. Then they’ll say that someone is coming to look at it tomorrow, but if you put a deposit on it now, $500.00 will come off of the price. “But you have to act NOW!” I went through this when I was looking for my Stelvio Quadrifoglio. They dropped another $1500.00 after the next day passed and it was still unsold. My guess is nobody was coming to look at it. I laughed at that dealer because while they were jerking me around, I drove an extra 30 miles and bought one with fewer miles on it and $4,000.00 cheaper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts