Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had PPF installed on their Stelvio? Pic's?

I have one quote so far. $950 for partial frontal and $1,800 for full frontal. This includes paint correction on the panels in question first followed by a professional installation of XPEL self healing film. All edges wrapped. For the price, think I'd go partial.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If u mean clear bra we had a partial one installed on my wife's Lexus and i'm sorry i didn't do the full frontal. The smallest amount of dust finds a way to wedge itself right on the top portion of the film and it always looks like there is a line right across the entire hood. Whether you do it at the dealer or later on i strongly suggest you do the Full Frontal one and don't skip the mirrors either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the full Gtechniq treatment cost £850 buts it is brilliant and offers an extra layer of protection never heard of anybody in UK having film applied to there car.

·
Registered
763 Posts
There is a place in Tampa that I used for my last vehicle. I went with the partial and was happy with it, about the same price range. I am going to do thre same with my Stelvio. I will also have them put the film in all done cups behind the door handles to keep them from showing ware, same as last time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If u mean clear bra we had a partial one installed on my wife's Lexus and i'm sorry i didn't do the full frontal. The smallest amount of dust finds a way to wedge itself right on the top portion of the film and it always looks like there is a line right across the entire hood. Whether you do it at the dealer or later on i strongly suggest you do the Full Frontal one and don't skip the mirrors either.
What color was the car? I know the color sometimes affects how easily dust is seen. I've seen hit or miss with the partial and seeing the line. Not sure if it's installation, the type of film, or what.

There is a place in Tampa that I used for my last vehicle. I went with the partial and was happy with it, about the same price range. I am going to do thre same with my Stelvio. I will also have them put the film in all done cups behind the door handles to keep them from showing ware, same as last time.
Excellent idea on the door handle recess area! I'll definitely do that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the full Gtechniq treatment cost £850 buts it is brilliant and offers an extra layer of protection never heard of anybody in UK having film applied to there car.
Hi
I’m from the UK and going for a consultation tomorrow for Xpel ultimate with a shop that’s been doing it for 8 or so years for the front bumper I have been quoted £540 and for the full front ( up to the windscreen) it was about £1400.
I imagine I will go for the front bumper and headlights as these seem to be the stone magnets more than other areas To start with then maybe later get the hood done too.
From the chat on the phone I believe the prep will be clay bar and machine buff to remove the Supaguard that the dealer put on before I bought it a few weeks ago. £540 seems pretty reasonable to me.
The reason for this choice was that I saw another red Milano Edizone 2018 whos front bumper was Peppered with stone chips So I’m thinking this will likely save me a small fortune later down the line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
I’m from the UK and going for a consultation tomorrow for Xpel ultimate with a shop that’s been doing it for 8 or so years for the front bumper I have been quoted £540 and for the full front ( up to the windscreen) it was about £1400.
I imagine I will go for the front bumper and headlights as these seem to be the stone magnets more than other areas To start with then maybe later get the hood done too.
From the chat on the phone I believe the prep will be clay bar and machine buff to remove the Supaguard that the dealer put on before I bought it a few weeks ago. £540 seems pretty reasonable to me.
The reason for this choice was that I saw another red Milano Edizone 2018 whos front bumper was Peppered with stone chips So I’m thinking this will likely save me a small fortune later down the line.
Also to note is that the stelvio comes up as an installation difficulty level of 5 on the Xpel system which is the most difficult and more expensive. Guess it’s all the cut outs and edges

1 - 8 of 8 Posts