Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people planning on doing for paint protection on their Stelvios?
I've been pricing out protection wrap for the front and hood and ceramic paint protection for the rest but it starts getting very expensive.

·
Registered
72 Posts
HI I am in the UK and I had the full Gtechniq treatment on my Stelvio ceramic paintwork protection, alloy wheels , glass and interior
Its Brilliant quick blast with the jet gun then shampoo rinse and dry 20 mins max and the car looks a fantastic.
It was expensive £700 but worth it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a detail shop here that does the LLumar, my friend just got his Subaru done by them. They don't do the ceramic/ nano paint protection though.

My local Alfa dealer is also the Ferrari/ Maserati dealer and pretty much every vehicle gets the treatment done. Still trying to decide if its worth it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
HI I am in the UK and I had the full Gtechniq treatment on my Stelvio ceramic paintwork protection, alloy wheels , glass and interior
Its Brilliant quick blast with the jet gun then shampoo rinse and dry 20 mins max and the car looks a fantastic.
It was expensive £700 but worth it.

As far as i know ceramic paint protection is a premium alternative to wax and polish. Its UV resistant, chemical resistant, thermal resistant and some are even grafitti resistant. It last up to 2 years or more before another application is needed. Its a fantastic product.
But here in Arizona we need more than that. We worry about road debris such as small rocks and pebbles that cause dents, chips and scratches as well. So a protective film makes more sense to us.

Here's a good link that shows the differences between coating and protecting. About Us | Exclusive Detail Charlotte NC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah you're right, here also in our area we definitely using paint protection to prevent any damages. Maybe you can use any product that suit in your area and have a good quality. ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow I paid $2200 xtra for my Trofeo white and am running around without any PPF for 13k and have 1 mark on my hood oh no.

Some of you are getting carried away with PPF I saw one the other day full PPF.

As far as Ceramic coating it does look wet and sheets Water well but doesn’t feel smooth like a wax.

My 2 Cents
Ian

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Ceramic coating has been a boon to detail shops for high line vehicles. But I am not convinced it is worth the cost. IMO maintenance from Day 1 using a good wax and detail spray to supplement is the right thing to do. If the vehicle has miles on it, suggestion clay bar it prior to a good coating. NEVER EVER use contact car washes! I am pleased to say that neither of our vehicles has ever seen a contact car wash although I do use touchless during winter to flush out road salt. I started another post about Hybrid Ceramic DIY coatings; some products have black pigment in them to fill microscratches caused by finish abuse. Look at any black or dark colored vehicle in the sun and assault on the clear coat is obvious... those that do the unlimited car washes have totally trashed the finish forever! 2 cents please. Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do you like to detail your vehicle yourself and how often. My wife's cars have Ceramic on them no PPF. My Porsche's aren't driven that often and have just Wax on them and no PPF. There in excellent shape one with 29K and the other with just 300 miles. Check out Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection easy to work with it is a synthetic product. There are plenty of great products to choose from.

Ian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts