Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nice message from my dealer this morning, my car has moved from "vehicle ordered" to "paint" status.
I'm not exactly sure what that means, other than something IS happening, and I eagerly await "on the boat status!
I must say, Ken Sweet at Alfa of Portland, Maine, has been on top of this from the outset - my local dealer who I'd been talking to since they put up their sign a year ago still hasn't called me, and the other dealer I had spoken to called me back just this last week to say they could order the vehicle - nice enough guy but sorry, too late, it was ordered a month ago.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice, that's exciting.

If that was ordered a month ago and it's in paint then I would hope my Stelvio ordered 2 months ago would be done.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one thing I figured out watching ordered cars progress on the giulia forum is that you can't figure it out.
they do a run of this, then a run of that, and then the ones built first sit on the dock waiting for the rest before loading.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Makes sense that they would want to optimize the shipment.

What exterior colour did you order?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi there - Bostonian here getting ready to buy a Stelvio - and a part time Mainer also (Bridgton) - so maybe we’ll see each other in the area!
As for manufacturing in general in Italy, I can tell you i had the same mystical bewildering experience ordering a Ducati. Little info from the factory - and it was basically “wait and see”, then surprise, your vehicle shows up at port.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
the wife picked white with red door panels.
I picked the 2.9.

Brilliant! Mine was sold on the new XC60 before we tripped over this... and she really worked with me on Alfa Romeo, she had worked for Jeff D'Ambrosio years ago as Finance Manager and they do treat us very well @ Jeep, now Alfa. We have totally different buying styles- after a lifetime of Jags, BMW's, Benzes she is the luxo buyer; me the more practical one- Jeep- so she had full reign of aesthetic choices and as you can see the perfect compromise. The whole thing was a blast for both of us and truthfully were in total agreement with the final pick (although since we picked from inventory there was no box to check when she wasn't looking).

Love it. You can let her know the ride actually softens up after a few thousand miles and the exhaust gets softer after break-in - whereupon she will be used to it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had that experience with a Ducati too, a very long time ago.
"here's a blurry black and white photo of what it's based on, it will be red, white, and green, have 40mm carbs and Conti pipes." "OK, sign me up"

I don't think I'll mention the WSJ article tomorrow, we'll see if she notices it. "troublingly fast' and "suspension is tougher than a starfish sandwich" might not go over too well, she (and I) much preferred the lusso interior, so I'll have to highlight "amazing value" and "no bad manners".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts