Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the "Panic" button on the key fob is very sensitive. I am pretty sure my neighbors hate me for the numerous times I have bumped it putting my keys in pocket at 5:30am.
Its annoying. I was thinking the same thing the other day. I've only had my car for < a month and I've managed to set off the panic button 4x already. This is probably more than all my other 10 cars I've owned combined. :mad:

·
Registered
61 Posts
That panic button is probably the biggest complaint I have with my Alfa. Should be set to go off only if pushed times 2 or I should have the ability to turn it of as an option.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
It is a 2 minute fix. Instead of complaining here, pop it open trim it and snap it together. REAL EASY!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just completed after the panic alarm went off again.
Battery out, peeled up the panic button, removed the green nub with flathead, and push it all back together again.
Job done.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti
498 Posts
I just wear looser pants so it never happens, at least not yet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had the same issue and like everyone else, opened the fob up and cut the nub down. Super easy. Problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
562 Posts
Has anyone ever actually needed to use the panic alarm?

As I live in the country the alarm going off wasn't a big deal. But going outside to find the engine running or the lift gate open was a different matter.

I took my fob apart and tried the remove a bit to make it less sensitive method. But I went a little too far. So that fob has no alarm, engine start, or tail gate open now. I can't say I miss any of those features.

If I had it to do again, I would file off a little at a time rather than try to clip off just the right amount.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
524 Posts
Panic button Knob has nothing to do with the other functions. Are you sure you put back the rubber cover properly?

Ive done both of mine with no isssues and the panic button still works if I press it hard enough

Roll back the rubber cover containing the green buttons and manually activate the other buttons.They should all work

·
Super Moderator
562 Posts
Panic button Knob has nothing to do with the other functions. Are you sure you put back the rubber cover properly?
I meant to disable all 3: panic, start, and tail gate. And I went a bit too far on all 3.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts