Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio | Alfa Romeo 4C
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and girls),

I have a Stelvio Quadrifoglio which I often drive from The Netherlands to Italy. On the German autobahn there is no limit, so most of the time I drive quite fast. Often reaching speeds between 140 and 180mph. At 140/150mph (250/260km/ph) my panoramic roof starts to whisle. It's not something that comes in slowly, but it's like something is lifting immediately / in a instant at a certain speed. The noise can be heared here in this video:
(put a time stamp at the moment it starts)

Does anybody know any solution. My dealer tells me they don't have a clue. Sound seems to come from this 2 points. When using some duct tape on it, it dissapears:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The recommendation would be to have gotten the CF roof. It deletes the roof rails. The sales rep should've told you that, as at such high speeds the rails can cause said issues.
But despite the roof rails, this should not happen, right?

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Can't be worse then the mirror whistling I had in my 3 series at 100mph.

More surprising there is only noise at certain speeds then the fact there is noise.

As was said earlier, carbon fiber roof, no openings, no rails, nothing to catch the wind is the solution, otherwise what you're experiencing is normal, the amount of noise will vary due to production tolerances and unique variables in each car.

Otherwise.... Respect for enjoying the car at those speeds. I'm absolutely green with jealousy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can't be worse then the mirror whistling I had in my 3 series at 100mph.

More surprising there is only noise at certain speeds then the fact there is noise.

As was said earlier, carbon fiber roof, no openings, no rails, nothing to catch the wind is the solution, otherwise what you experiencing is normal, the amount of noise will vary due to production tolerances and unique variables in each car.
That's why I'm looking for a Sunroof Wind Deflector to see if that would fix it, or a small lip spoiler that sticks right in front of the sunroof.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have had a giulia Veloce with similar issue at 200 was making this noise. My stelvio now does not show that at speeds of 200-210.
As I have non QV versions. I know the sound! I always thought the Sunroof will fly away.
I once taped the front left and right rubbers with closed roof. this reduced the wind coming in. (At the front corners of room, the rubber is connecting the front to sides. I suspect that gap caused the issue.

BTW checked your plate. You are a hero, in Netherlands (with the 21% and BPM) to have it as Private car! with this High of import tax (BPM)
and also the Crazy 100km/h during day time limit. I hated it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's why I'm looking for a Sunroof Wind Deflector to see if that would fix it, or a small lip spoiler that sticks right in front of the sunroof.
I'm searching for exact the same thing! Could not find it sadly...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
with help of T25 Torx bit and six bolts. open sunroof and you'll see three small black bolts on each rail holding glass.
of course make sure rail guides are in alignment.
I will try that! Seems not to be to impossible.
I have had a giulia Veloce with similar issue at 200 was making this noise. My stelvio now does not show that at speeds of 200-210.
As I have non QV versions. I know the sound! I always thought the Sunroof will fly away.
I once taped the front left and right rubbers with closed roof. this reduced the wind coming in. (At the front corners of room, the rubber is connecting the front to sides. I suspect that gap caused the issue.

BTW checked your plate. You are a hero, in Netherlands (with the 21% and BPM) to have it as Private car! with this High of import tax (BPM)
and also the Crazy 100km/h during day time limit. I hated it
Thanks. It's indeed a very, very expensive car here, but I'm an Alfista, so I had to buy it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts