Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to park my Rosso Red Stelvio Ti Sport in a NYC parking garage yesterday, and got turned away at the garage entrance being told they don't allow expensive exotic cars in the garage, I didn't have the heart to argue with them the Mercedes that pulled in before me cost 25% more! ?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tried to park my Rosso Red Stelvio Ti Sport in a NYC parking garage yesterday, and got turned away at the garage entrance being told they don't allow expensive exotic cars in the garage, I didn't have the heart to argue with them the Mercedes that pulled in before me cost 25% more! ?
What garage?? All I see when I park in garages in NYC are exotic cars. In fact we were just in there recently with my son and enjoyed the wait while they retrieved our car, they had a whole section with Lambo's, Ferraris, just about every kind of exotic car and my son liked seeing them all...
We were downtown but park more midtown, never had an issue...

If they wouldn't park an "exotic" car I wouldn't park any of my cars there as they seem to "anticipate" the possibility of something happening..they don't care to be careful it seems..but its their choice I guess, just odd they would pass up the $$$

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What garage?? All I see when I park in garages in NYC are exotic cars. In fact we were just in there recently with my son and enjoyed the wait while they retrieved our car, they had a whole section with Lambo's, Ferraris, just about every kind of exotic car and my son liked seeing them all...
We were downtown but park more midtown, never had an issue...

If they wouldn't park an "exotic" car I wouldn't park any of my cars there as they seem to "anticipate" the possibility of something happening..they don't care to be careful it seems..but its their choice I guess, just odd they would pass up the $$$
One of the garages near 33rd St by the east side. I had to pull through to leave and saw plenty of nicer cars there so I wouldn't have been concerned, though I forget the exact address. ultimately found another garage just around the corner that the attendant equally freaked out in a different way and commented that in 20 years of working NYC parking garages he has never seen or parked an Alfa, further demonstrated when he went to put the car info into his computer, it had no preprogrammed button option for the make Alfa, yet he did had one for Ferrari! He had a way to manually type it in...

·
Registered
250 Posts
One of the garages near 33rd St by the east side. I had to pull through to leave and saw plenty of nicer cars there so I wouldn't have been concerned, though I forget the exact address. ultimately found another garage just around the corner that the attendant equally freaked out in a different way and commented that in 20 years of working NYC parking garages he has never seen or parked an Alfa, further demonstrated when he went to put the car info into his computer, it had no preprogrammed button option for the make Alfa, yet he did had one for Ferrari! He had a way to manually type it in...
Around MSG? We were just there a few nights (without my son) and found this great little inside parking garage around the corner that looked nice and safe..
believe it was 30th and something around the garden.. easy in and very quick out. Highly recommend.. great prices for a garden event. Check out Park Whiz App..

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
A few years ago at the New York Hilton, a friend wanted to go retrieve something from his car so he tipped the Valet to give us a ride down 11 levels and back up. Quite the experience! Ridiculous. You can hear the tire squeal as they do their 'work'. Since then I'm a little reluctant to hand over the keys to just any valet unless you want it parked in the preferred spots up front!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts